David M. Gallegos
|David M. Gallegos|
|New Mexico House of Representatives District 61|
|December 31, 2014|
|Years in position||1|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Gallegos served on the following committees:
|New Mexico Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Enrolling and Engrossing - B, Chair|
|• Labor and Human Resources|
Elections for the office of New Mexico House of Representatives will take place in 2014. A primary election took place June 3, 2014, and a general election will take place on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was February 4, 2014. Incumbent David M. Gallegos was unopposed in the Republican primary and is unchallenged in the general election.
Gallegos ran in the 2012 election for New Mexico House of Representatives District 61. He ran unopposed in the Republican primary on June 5, 2012. He defeated Democrat Hector Ramirez in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|New Mexico House of Representatives, District 61, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||David M. Gallegos||64.5%||3,654|
Comprehensive donor information for Gallegos is available dating back to 2012. Based on available campaign finance records, Gallegos raised a total of $59,006 during that time period. This information was last updated on May 28, 2013.
|David M. Gallegos's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||New Mexico State House, District 61||$59,006|
|Grand Total Raised||$59,006|
2012Gallegos won election to the New Mexico State House in 2012. During that election cycle, Gallegos raised a total of $59,006.
|New Mexico State House 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to David M. Gallegos's campaign in 2012|
|House Republican Leadership Committee||$2,000|
|Total Raised in 2012||$59,006|
|Source:Follow the Money|
Legislative scorecards are used to evaluate elected public officials based on voting record. Some scorecards are created by political advocacy groups with a focus on specific issues, while others are developed by newspapers and are broad in scope. Scorecards are meant to be used as a tool for voters to have a quick picture of whether their views align with a particular legislator's record.
Because scorecards can be specific to particular issues or general to a state’s legislative term, for example, each report should be considered on its own merits. Each entity that publishes these reports uses different methodologies and definitions for the terms used.
Please see our writing guidelines if you would like to add results from an individual scorecard to this legislator's profile.
In 2013, the 51st New Mexico State Legislature, first session, was in session from January 15 to March 16. In 2014, the 51st New Mexico State Legislature, second session, was in session from January 21 through February 20.
- Animal Protection Voters: 2013 Legislative scorecard
- Legislators are scored on their votes on bills relating to the state’s wildlife and domesticated animals.
- Conservation Voters New Mexico: 2013-2014 Conservation Scorecard
- Legislators are scored on environment and conservation issues.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "David + Gallegos + New Mexico + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- New Mexico House of Representatives
- House Committees
- New Mexico State Legislature
- New Mexico state legislative districts
- Profile from the New Mexico House of Representatives
- Profile from Open States
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions via Follow the Money: 2012
- New Mexico Secretary of State, "Official Results Primary Election - June 3, 2014," accessed July 7, 2014
- New Mexico State Legislature, "2014 Primary Election Candidates," accessed May 13, 2014
- New Mexico Secretary of State, "Official Primary Results," accessed April 15, 2014
- New Mexico Secretary of State, "2012 Primary Candidate List," accessed May 13, 2014(Archived)
- followthemoney.org, "Gallegos, David M.," accessed May 28, 2013
- New Mexico Legislature, "Session dates," accessed July 9, 2014
Shirley Tyler (R)
|New Mexico House of Representatives - District 61
| Succeeded by|