David M. Talerico
|David M. Talerico|
|Alaska House of Representatives, District 6|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 2, 2010|
|Term limits||Next election = November 4, 2014|
Talerico served on the Upper Railbelt School Board from 1976 to 1977. He then served in the Denali Borough Assembly from 2001 to 2002. He has been the Mayor of Denali Borough since 2002.
Talerico graduated from Tri-Valley School in 1974. He was employed for the Usibelli Coal Mine from 1974 to 1997. From 1985 to 1986, he also worked as director of the Tri-Valley Fire Department. He then worked as owner and operator of the Denali River View Inn from 1997 to 2004.
Talerico's campaign website highlights the following issues:
- Excerpt: "Work to resolve the Federal overreach problems with land and resource development."
- Excerpt: "Improve schools, graduation rates, assure what is being taught within the system is relevant."
- Excerpt: "Immediately address energy costs, electricity and space heating, keep everything "on the table" for rapid solutions."
- Excerpt: "Develop resources sensibly and responsibly."
- Excerpt: "Improve public safety, focus on domestic issues and emergency equipment."
Talerico's website highlighted the following campaign themes:
- Excerpt: "There is no magic bullet when is comes to energy. We need many different power producing sources, the Healy Clean Coal Project is the closest to being ready to lower our energy costs in the Interior."
- Excerpt: "Natural Gas could be used all over Alaska. Southcentral needs gas now. An All Alaska Line has enormous pacific rim potential."
- Excerpt: "Our system requires sufficient funding and needs to be accountable for what it produces. Making sure the education provided has relevance is the key"
- University of Alaska
- Excerpt: "The University needs to continue to receive necessary support and should be viewed and advertised as a system that provides a unique and advantageous opportunity for a quality education."
- Resource Development
- Excerpt: "Responsible development is a must for future Alaskans. Providing new, living wage jobs should be a priority for all of us."
Elections for the office of Alaska House of Representatives will take place in 2014. A primary election took place August 19, 2014. The general election will be held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was June 2, 2014. Wilson Justin was unopposed in the Democratic primary, while David M. "Dave" Talerico defeated Thomas A. "Tad" Dunning in the Republican primary. Justin will face Talerico in the general election.
|Alaska House of Representatives District 8 General Election (2010)|
|David Guttenberg (D)||4,377|
|David M. Talerico (R)||3,583|
Talerico and his wife, Peggy, have two children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "David + Talerico + Alaska + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Alaska House of Representatives
- Alaska House of Representatives District 6
- Alaska House of Representatives elections, 2014
- Alaska State Legislature
- Official campaign website
- David Talerico on Facebook
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Alaska Secretary of State - Official primary candidate list