David M. Talerico
|David M. Talerico|
Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Alaska House of Representatives, District 8|
Talerico served on the Upper Railbelt School Board from 1976 to 1977. He then served in the Denali Borough Assembly from 2001 to 2002. He has been the Mayor of Denali Borough since 2002.
Talerico graduated from Tri-Valley School in 1974. He was employed for the Usibelli Coal Mine from 1974 to 1997. From 1985 to 1986, he also worked as director of the Tri-Valley Fire Department. He then worked as owner and operator of the Denali River View Inn from 1997 to 2004.
|Alaska House of Representatives District 8 General Election (2010)|
|David Guttenberg (D)||4,377|
|David M. Talerico (R)||3,583|
Talerico's website highlighted the following campaign themes:
- Excerpt: "There is no magic bullet when is comes to energy. We need many different power producing sources, the Healy Clean Coal Project is the closest to being ready to lower our energy costs in the Interior."
- Excerpt: "Natural Gas could be used all over Alaska. Southcentral needs gas now. An All Alaska Line has enormous pacific rim potential."
- Excerpt: "Our system requires sufficient funding and needs to be accountable for what it produces. Making sure the education provided has relevance is the key"
- University of Alaska
- Excerpt: "The University needs to continue to receive necessary support and should be viewed and advertised as a system that provides a unique and advantageous opportunity for a quality education."
- Resource Development
- Excerpt: "Responsible development is a must for future Alaskans. Providing new, living wage jobs should be a priority for all of us."
Talerico and his wife, Peggy, have two children.
The Internet Archive's Wayback Machine was used to recall this version of the website from October 22, 2010.