|Wyoming House of Representatives, District 50|
|January 7, 2013 – present|
|January 5, 2015|
|Years in position||1|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Birthday||March 6, 1961|
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Northrup served on the following committees:
|Wyoming Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Joint Revenue|
|• Joint Education|
Elections for the office of Wyoming House of Representatives took place in 2014. A primary election took place on August 19, 2014. The general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was May 30, 2014. Incumbent David Northrup defeated Charles Cloud in the Republican primary. Northrup was unchallenged in the general election.
|Wyoming House of Representatives, District 50 Republican Primary, 2014|
|David Northrup Incumbent||61%||1,416|
Northrup won election in the 2012 election for the Wyoming House of Representatives District 50. He defeated incumbent Pat Childers, Charles Cloud and T.D. Ball in the Republican primary on August 21 and was unopposed in the general election on November 6, 2012.
|Wyoming House of Representatives, District 50, General Election, 2012|
|Wyoming House of Representatives, District 50 Republican Primary, 2012|
|Pat Childers Incumbent||21.1%||420|
Comprehensive donor information for Northrup is available dating back to 2012. Based on available campaign finance records, Northrup raised a total of $7,140 during that time period. This information was last updated on June 11, 2013.
|David Northrup's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Wyoming State House, District 50||$7,140|
|Grand Total Raised||$7,140|
2012Northrup won election to the Wyoming State House in 2012. During that election cycle, Northrup raised a total of $7,140.
|Wyoming State House 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to David Northrup's campaign in 2012|
|Wyoming Education Association||$500|
|Total Raised in 2012||$7,140|
|Source:Follow the Money|
Legislative scorecards are used to evaluate elected public officials based on voting record. Some scorecards are created by political advocacy groups with a focus on specific issues, while others are developed by newspapers and are broad in scope. Scorecards are meant to be used as a tool for voters to have a quick picture of whether their views align with a particular legislator's record.
Because scorecards can be specific to particular issues or general to a state’s legislative term, for example, each report should be considered on its own merits. Each entity that publishes these reports uses different methodologies and definitions for the terms used.
Please see our writing guidelines if you would like to add results from an individual scorecard to this legislator's profile.
Northrup has a wife, Astrid.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "David + Northrup + Wyoming + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Wyoming State Legislature
- Wyoming state legislative districts
- Wyoming House of Representatives
- Wyoming House of Representatives Committees
- Wyoming State Legislature
- Northrup's Office Website
- David Northrup on Facebook
- Profile from Open States
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 2012
- Wyoming Secretary of State, "2012 Primary Candidate Roster," June 11, 2012
- Wyoming Secretary of State, "2014 Primary Candidate Roster," accessed May 31, 2014
- Wyoming Secretary of State, "2014 Official General Election Results," accessed November 12, 2014
- followthemoney.org, "Northrup, David," accessed June 11, 2013
- Project Vote Smart, "Biography," accessed August 1, 2014
Charles P. Childers (R)
|Wyoming House of Representatives District 50
| Succeeded by|