|South Dakota State Senate District 11|
|January 13, 2015|
|Years in position||1|
|Base salary||$6,000/session; $129/day for interim committees|
|Per diem||$110/legislative day|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Bachelor's||South Dakota School of Mines and Technology|
Omdahl earned his bachelor's degree from the South Dakota School of Mines and Technology. He works as a civil engineer.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Omdahl served on the following committees:
|South Dakota Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Agriculture and Natural Resources|
The general elections for the office of South Dakota State Senate will take place on November 4, 2014. A primary election took place on June 3, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was March 25, 2014. Tom Cool was unopposed in the Democratic primary. Incumbent David Omdahl was unopposed in the Republican primary. Cool will face Omdahl in the general election.
Omdahl won election in the 2012 election for South Dakota State Senate District 11. He was drafted to run for the seat being vacated by incumbent Todd Schlekeway who dropped out of his re-election bid after the primary. Omdahl defeated Democrat Tom Cool in the general election on November 6, 2012.
|South Dakota State Senate, District 11, General Election, 2012|
Comprehensive donor information for David Omdahl is available dating back to 2012. Based on available campaign finance records, David Omdahl raised a total of $0 during that time period. This information was last updated on September 26, 2013.
|David Omdahl's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||South Dakota State Senate, District 11||$0|
|Grand Total Raised||$0|
2012David Omdahl won election to the South Dakota State Senate in 2012. During that election cycle, David Omdahl raised a total of $0.
|South Dakota State Senate 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to David Omdahl's campaign in 2012|
|Total Raised in 2012||$0|
|Source:Follow the Money|
Legislative scorecards are used to evaluate elected public officials based on voting record. Some scorecards are created by political advocacy groups with a focus on specific issues, while others are developed by newspapers and are broad in scope. Scorecards are meant to be used as a tool for voters to have a quick picture of whether their views align with a particular legislator's record.
Because scorecards can be specific to particular issues or general to a state’s legislative term, for example, each report should be considered on its own merits. Each entity that publishes these reports uses different methodologies and definitions for the terms used.
Please see our writing guidelines if you would like to add results from an individual scorecard to this legislator's profile.
In 2014, the 89th South Dakota State Legislature was in session from January 14 to March 31.
- South Dakota Right to Life: 2013-2014 Pro-life Legislative Ratings
- Legislators are scored based on their votes relating to the issue of abortions.
In 2013, the 88th South Dakota State Legislature was in session from January 8 to March 25.
- South Dakota Freedom Coalition: South Dakota Freedom Index 2013
- Legislators are scored based on their votes on the "top ten" issues affecting your freedom.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "David + Omdahl + South + Dakota + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- South Dakota State Legislature
- South Dakota State Senate
- South Dakota Senate Committees
- South Dakota Joint Committees
- South Dakota State Senate District 11
- Sen. Omdahl's website
- Profile from Open States
- David Omdahl on Facebook
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 2012
- Argusleader.com, "Omdahl focuses on energy while Cool touts education," accessed October 24, 2012
- South Dakota Secretary of State, "Primary Election - Unofficial Results," accessed June 4, 2014
- South Dakota Secretary of State, "Current Candidates for Primary Election," accessed May 2, 2014
- Argus Leader, "District 11 names new Republican candidate," accessed September 12, 2012
- followthemoney.org, "Omdahl, David," accessed September 26, 2013