|Minnesota State Senate, District 33|
|January 8, 2013 - present|
|January 3, 2017|
|Years in position||1|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 8, 2016|
|Mound City Council|
|Bachelor's||St. Cloud State University|
|Place of birth||Glencoe, Minnesota|
|Profession||Project Manager, United HealthGroup|
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Osmek served on the following committees:
|Minnesota Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Environment and Energy|
|• Transportation and Public Safety|
Osmek's website highlighted the following campaign themes:
It's about the spending
- Excerpt: "Creating inventive ways to fund itself is not a problem for State Government. We have the money. The problem is HOW MUCH we SPEND, and HOW we spend it."
Transportation needs real solutions… not 19th century ones
- Excerpt: "Investing in roads and bridges, not light rail, brings immediate benefits."
Education: Less micro-management and more local control
- Excerpt: "Even with our limited resources, we demand a world-class education for our children. We can do better with what we have if we are smarter in our approach to education."
We do need government … but smaller is better
- Excerpt: "We do need a government to handle public safety, courts, snow plowing roads, and many other tasks that do make sense for government to do. The problem is that we could do just as well with a much SMALLER level of government, both in terms of its size and intrusiveness into our lives."
- See also: Minnesota State Senate elections, 2012
Osmek won election in the 2012 election for Minnesota State Senate District 33. He defeated Connie Doepke in the Republican primary on August 14 and defeated Judy Rogosheske (D) in the general election on November 6.
|Minnesota State Senate, District 33, General Election, 2012|
|Minnesota State Senate, District 33 Republican Primary, 2012|
Comprehensive donor information for Osmek is available dating back to 2012. Based on available campaign finance records, Osmek raised a total of $26,834 during that time period. This information was last updated on June 28, 2013.
|David Osmek's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Minnesota State Senate, District 33||$26,834|
|Grand Total Raised||$26,834|
2012Osmek won election to the Minnesota State Senate in 2012. During that election cycle, Osmek raised a total of $33,831.
|Minnesota State Senate 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to David Osmek's campaign in 2012|
|33rd Senate District RPM||$3,000|
|Total Raised in 2012||$33,831|
|Source:Follow the Money|
Taxpayers League of Minnesota
The Taxpayers League of Minnesota, a Minnesota-based taxpayer advocacy organization, releases a legislative scorecard for the Minnesota House of Representatives and Minnesota State Senate once a year. The scorecard gives each legislator a score based on how they voted in the prior legislative term on tax issues and “their efforts to balance the state budget without a tax increase.” The organization also compiles a legislator’s individual "Lifetime Score."
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "David + Osmek + Minnesota + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Office website
- Profile from Open States
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Follow the Money career profile
- "davidosmek," Official Campaign Website
- Minnesota Secretary of State, "2012 State General Election Candidate Filings," accessed June 26, 2012
- Minnesota Secretary of State, Official 2012 primary results, accessed August 24, 2012
- Follow the Money, "Osmek, David." Retrieved June 28, 2013
- Taypayers League of Minnesota, "Legislative Scorecards," accessed May 15, 2014
- Taypayers League of Minnesota, "Legislative Scorecard, 2013," accessed May 15, 2014
Gen Olson (R)
|Minnesota State Senate District 33
| Succeeded by|