|Mississippi State Senate, District 19|
|December 11, 2012 – present|
|January 3, 2016|
|Elections and appointments|
|First elected||November 27, 2012|
|Next general||November 3, 2015|
In the 2012-2013 legislative session, Parker served on the following committees:
|Mississippi Committee Assignments, 2012|
|• Economic Development|
|• Judiciary, Division A|
|• Public Health and Welfare|
2012 special election
Parker won the special election for District 19 of the Mississippi State Senate. The seat was vacant following Merle Flowers's (R) resignation on May 24, 2012 in order to spend more time with his family. Parker faced Mike Smith, David Blackwell, and Pat Nelson in the nonpartisan race on November 6, 2012. Since no candidate received a majority, a runoff took place on November 27 between Parker and Nelson, which Parker won.
Legislative scorecards are used to evaluate elected public officials based on voting record. Some scorecards are created by political advocacy groups with a focus on specific issues, while others are developed by newspapers and are broad in scope. Scorecards are meant to be used as a tool for voters to have a quick picture of whether their views align with a particular legislator's record.
Because scorecards can be specific to particular issues or general to a state’s legislative term, for example, each report should be considered on its own merits. Each entity that publishes these reports uses different methodologies and definitions for the terms used.
Please see our writing guidelines if you would like to add results from an individual scorecard to this legislator's profile.
In 2014, the Legislature was in session from January 7 through April 2.
- Business and Industry Political Education Committee: Legislator "Business and Jobs" Report Card
- Legislators are scored on "economic growth, jobs and other broad job-related issues."
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term David + Parker + Mississippi + Senate
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Mississippi State Legislature
- Mississippi State Senate
- Senate Committees
- Joint Committees
- Mississippi state legislative districts
- Y'all Politics, "David Parker kicks of SD 19 special election campaign," September 6, 2012
- Clarion Ledger, "Mississippi governor sets special election for District 19 state Senate seat," July 16, 2012
- The Republic, "Candidates for Miss. House and Senate special elections will run under old district lines," October 9, 2012
- San Francisco Chronicle, "Runoff ahead in Mississippi Senate District 19," November 7, 2012
- Clarion Ledger, "David Parker Defeats Rep. Pat Nelson To Replace Retired Sen. Merle Flowers," November 27, 2012
- StateScape, "Session Schedules," accessed July 29, 2014
- Business and Industry Political Education Committee, "Legislator 'Business & Jobs' Report Card - 2014 Legislative Session," accessed August 30, 2014
Merle Flowers (R)
|Mississippi State Senate District 19
| Succeeded by|