|U.S. Senate, Kentucky|
|High school||Paul G. Blazer High School|
|Bachelor's||Eastern Kentucky University, 1995|
|Birthday||August 9, 1971|
|Place of birth||Louisville, Kentucky|
Patterson is a lifelong Kentuckian. He was born in Louisville, Kentucky and grew up in Jefferson County, Oldham County and Ashland.
After graduating from Paul G. Blazer High School in Ashland, Kentucky, Patterson attended Transylvania University in Lexington, Kentucky. Patterson transferred to Eastern Kentucky University where he earned a B.S. in police administration in 1995. In 1996, Patterson graduated from the Department of Criminal Justice's police academy.
Following graduation from the police academy, Patterson began a career as a Peace Officer in March, 1996. He has worked in this capacity for Transylvania University, the Fayette County Sheriff’s Office, the Jessamine County Sheriff’s Office, the Cynthiana Police Department, the Wilmore Police Department and the Lawrenceburg Police Department. He is currently employed with the City of Harrodsburg, Kentucky.
Patterson's goal is to maximize individual liberty by curbing government interference into the personal lives of Americans. He seeks to eliminate wasteful government spending and to work with members of both major parties to defund many government departments which he believes have outlived their usefulness.
The following is an excerpt from Patterson's campaign website:
- Brent Spence Bridge: "Before we decide to have a private company spend $2,700,000,000 on a new bridge, charge tolls on the public forever, and use cameras to spy on us, we should first look for smarter, cheaper alternatives."
In 2009, Patterson married Ashley Nicole Davis. They live in Harrodsburg, Kentucky. Patterson has a daughter and a son.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "David + Patterson + Kentucky + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- WPSD TV, "Libertarian candidate enters Senate race in Kentucky," accessed September 24, 2013
- David Patterson for US Senate: "Meet David," accessed October 20, 2013
- Information submitted on Ballotpedia’s biographical information submission form on October 18, 2013
- David Patterson for US Senate: "Positions," accessed October 20, 2013