|Kansas Insurance Commissioner|
|Elections and appointments|
|Next general||August 5, 2014|
Powell is an insurance agent by trade.
Powell is running for election to the office of Kansas Insurance Commissioner. Powell is seeking the Republican nomination in the primary on August 5, 2014. The general election takes place on November 4, 2014.
Powell ran again for election as Kansas Commissioner of Insurance in 2010. Despite being a Republican, Powell appeared on the ballot as a write-in candidate. He was defeated by incumbent Sandy Praeger (R) in the general election on November 2, 2010.
|Kansas Commissioner of Insurance, 2010|
|Republican||Sandy Praeger Incumbent||99.6%||674,573|
|Write-in||David J. Powell||0.4%||2,570|
|Election Results Via: Kansas Secretary of State|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "David + Powell + Kansas + Insurance + Commissioner"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Kansas Insurance Commissioner Isolated Within GOP - Insurance Journal
- Kansas insurance chief Sandy Praeger isolated within GOP - Kansas City Star
- Emler appointed to KCC; Shultz eyes Senate - McPherson Sentinel
- Make-up of Fed worries bankers - Fort Wayne Journal Gazette
- Today in History - Kansas.com
- Fed Vacancies Prompt Push to Name Community Banker: Economy - Bloomberg
- The Fed Transformed - The American Prospect
State of Kansas
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Secretary of Wildlife and Parks | Secretary of Labor | Corporation Commission |