|Connecticut House of Representatives, District 123|
|January 9, 2013-Present|
|January 3, 2017|
|Years in position||2|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 8, 2016|
2015 legislative session
At the beginning of the 2015 legislative session, Rutigliano served on the following committees:
|Connecticut Committee Assignments, 2015|
|• Finance, Revenue and Bonding|
|• General Law|
|• Labor and Public Employees, Ranking Member|
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Rutigliano served on the following committees:
|Connecticut Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• General Law|
|• Human Services|
|• Insurance and Real Estate|
Elections for the office of Connecticut House of Representatives consisted of a primary election on August 12, 2014, and a general election on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was June 10, 2014. Douglas Sutherland was unopposed in the Democratic primary, while incumbent David J. Rutigliano was unopposed in the Republican primary. Rutigliano defeated Sutherland in the general election.
Rutigliano won election in the 2012 election for Connecticut House of Representatives District 123. Rutigliano ran unopposed in the Republican primary on August 14 and defeated Tom Christiano (D) in the general election on November 6, 2012.
Comprehensive donor information for Rutigliano is available dating back to 2010. Based on available campaign finance records, Rutigliano raised a total of $35,021 during that time period. This information was last updated on September 23, 2013.
|David Rutigliano's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Connecticut House of Representatives, District 123||$35,021|
|Grand Total Raised||$35,021|
2012Rutigliano won election to the Connecticut House of Representatives in 2012. During that election cycle, Rutigliano raised a total of $35,021.
|Connecticut House of Representatives 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to David Rutigliano's campaign in 2012|
|Connecticut Republican Party||$1,659|
|Total Raised in 2012||$35,021|
|Source: Follow the Money|
Legislative scorecards are used to evaluate elected public officials based on voting record. Some scorecards are created by political advocacy groups with a focus on specific issues, while others are developed by newspapers and are broad in scope. Scorecards are meant to be used as a tool for voters to have a quick picture of whether their views align with a particular legislator's record.
Because scorecards can be specific to particular issues or general to a state’s legislative term, for example, each report should be considered on its own merits. Each entity that publishes these reports uses different methodologies and definitions for the terms used.
Please see our writing guidelines if you would like to add results from an individual scorecard to this legislator's profile.
- Legislators are scored on their votes on "issues important to Connecticut's working men and women."
- Legislators are scored on their votes on "key environmental bills."
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "David + Rutigliano + Connecticut + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Connecticut House of Representatives
- House Committees
- Connecticut State Legislature
- Connecticut state legislative districts
- Profile from the Connecticut House of Representatives
- Official campaign website
- Profile from Open States
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- David Rutigliano on Facebook
- David Rutigliano on Twitter
- Connecticut Secretary of State, "Official candidate list," accessed July 15, 2014
- Connecticut Secretary of State, "Official primary and general election results," accessed November 26, 2014
- Connecticut Secretary of State, "Candidate list," accessed June 19, 2012
- CBS Connecticut, "2012 Primary Results," August 14, 2012
- Connecticut Secretary of State, "Election Results 2012," accessed November 21, 2012
- Follow the Money, "Rutigliano, David," accessed September 23, 2013
- StateScape, "Session schedules," accessed July 17, 2014
T.R. Rowe (R)
|Connecticut House of Representatives 123
| Succeeded by|
State of Connecticut
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of the State | Comptroller | Treasurer | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of Environmental Protection | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Public Utility Control |