|U.S. House, Alaska, At-Large|
|Profession||Security officer, Doyon Universal|
was a 2014 Republican
candidate seeking election to the U.S. House
to represent the At-Large Congressional District
He was defeated by incumbent Don Young
in the Republican primary.
Seaward works for Doyon Universal as a security officer. He was elected as Mayor of Seward in 2011 and served one term.
Seaward's campaign website listed the following issues:
- Abortion: " The advancement of science and technology affirms the evidence of life before birth. During conception, when the male sperm penetrates the female ovum or egg, something magical happens creating a new human cell called a "zygote." It's composed of human DNA and molecule making it undeniably human. After 22 days, the heart begins to circulate own blood and heartbeat detected. The scientific fact that life begins at conception is undeniable."
- Creating Jobs and Prosperity: "The path to creating good paying jobs, more opportunities and prosperity requires reforming the tax structure and corporate tax to a fair, predictable and simple system for working Americans and businesses. Eliminate unfair tax code loopholes subsidizing only big corporations and special interests."
- Civil Liberties & National Defense: " Defending the 1st, 4th, 5th, 6th, 14th Amendments are critical to protecting rights of every American. Repeal legislative laws that infringe on American privacy. Do not tread on Alaskans privacy and private property."
- State Sovereignty & Right of it's Residents: " Powers not delegated to the federal government by the Constitution are reserved to the States as numerated in the 10th Amendment. The federal government shall not pass unnecessary laws regulating activities it has no jurisdiction or authority."
- Affordable Health Care: "The one-size-fits-all Affordable Care Act (ACA) / Obamacare has benefited few while negatively impacting 85% of Americans who already had a health care plan. ACA is the biggest crony capitalism that provides corporate welfare benefiting the pharmaceutical and insurance industries by forcing healthy Americans into the health exchange."
—David Seaward's Facebook page, https://www.facebook.com/davidseaward10/info
- See also: Alaska's At-Large Congressional District elections, 2014
Seaward ran in the 2014 election for the U.S. House to represent Alaska's At-Large District. Seaward was defeated by incumbent Don Young in the primary on August 19, 2014.
|U.S. House, Alaska's At-Large District Republican Primary, 2014
Don Young Incumbent
| John Cox
| David Seaward
| David Dohner
|Source: Alaska Secretary of State
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "David + Seaward + Alaska + Congress"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
David Seaward News Feed
- ↑ State of Alaska Division of Elections, "August 19, 2014 Primary Candidate List," accessed June 2, 2014
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Politico, "2014 Alaska House Primaries Results," accessed August 20, 2014
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Facebook, "About," accessed June 12, 2014
- ↑ Note: This text is quoted verbatim from the original source. Any inconsistencies are attributed to the original source.