|Alabama House of Representatives District 105|
|November 5, 2014|
|Years in position||3|
|Elections and appointments|
|First elected||May 10, 2011|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|High school||Mobile County High School, 1978|
Sessions received his diploma from Mobile County High School in 1978. He has worked as president for Grand Bay Water Works and Producers Gin Company, LLC. He has also worked as a farmer and co-owner of Sessions Farm.
Elections for the office of Alabama House of Representatives will take place in 2014. A primary election took place June 3, 2014; a runoff election took place where necessary on July 15, 2014. The general election will be held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was February 7, 2014. Incumbent David Sessions was unopposed in the Republican primary and is unchallenged in the general election.
Sessions ran in the special election to fill the vacant House District 105 seat. He defeated Republican opponents Bill Meredith and Mike Burdine in the March 22 primary election. He then defeated Constitution Party candidate Bill Atkinson in the May 10 general election.
In 2010, Sessions raised $97,014 in contributions.
His four largest contributors were:
|Alabama Education Association||$10,000|
|Cunningham Bounds Yance Crowder Brown & Breedlove||$5,000|
|Fight Back For Justice Pac||$5,000|
|Stan Wright Campaign||$4,079|
Sessions and his wife, Lisa Driskell, have three children.
Legislative scorecards are used to evaluate elected public officials based on voting record. Some scorecards are created by political advocacy groups with a focus on specific issues, while others are developed by newspapers and are broad in scope. Scorecards are meant to be used as a tool for voters to have a quick picture of whether their views align with a particular legislator's record.
Because scorecards can be specific to particular issues or general to a state’s legislative term, for example, each report should be considered on its own merits. Each entity that publishes these reports uses different methodologies and definitions for the terms used.
Please see our writing guidelines if you would like to add results from an individual scorecard to this legislator's profile.
Note: As of October 2014, we were unable to locate any scorecards for the state of Alabama. If you are aware of a scorecard Ballotpedia has not included please email it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term David + Sessions + Alabama + House
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Alabama House of Representatives
- House Committees
- Alabama State Legislature
- Alabama state legislative districts
- Alabama Legislature - Jim Barton
- Profile from Open States
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Al.com, "Bill Meredith endorses David Sessions for Alabama House District 105," April 28, 2011
- Al.com, "Jo Bonner, Mike Hubbard endorse David Sessions for House District 105," May 05, 2011
- Alabama Democrats, "Qualified candidates for public office list," accessed February 27, 2014
- Alabama Republican Party, "State Senate," accessed February 27, 2014
- Alabama Secretary of State, "Official Democratic Primary Results," accessed June 20, 2014
- Alabama Secretary of State, "Official Republican Primary Results," accessed June 20, 2014
- Al.com, "David Sessions 'humbled' by House District 105 primary win," March 23, 2011
- Alabama Republican Candidate Certification District 105
- Al.com, "David Sessions wins House District 105 election," May 10, 2011
- Follow the Money, "2010 contributions," accessed December 23, 2013
- Mitt Romney for President, "Mitt Romney Announces Additional Alabama Endorsements," March 12, 2012
|Alabama House District 105
| Succeeded by|