|Alabama House of Representatives District 105|
|November 5, 2014|
|Years in position||3|
|Elections and appointments|
|First elected||May 10, 2011|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|High school||Mobile County High School, 1978|
Sessions received his diploma from Mobile County High School in 1978. He has worked as president for Grand Bay Water Works and Producers Gin Company, LLC. He has also worked as a farmer and co-owner of Sessions Farm.
Elections for the office of Alabama House of Representatives will consist of a primary election on June 3, 2014, and a general election on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was February 7, 2013. Incumbent David Sessions is unopposed in the Republican primary.
Sessions ran in the special election to fill the vacant House District 105 seat. He defeated Republican opponents Bill Meredith and Mike Burdine in the March 22 primary election. He then defeated Constitution Party candidate Bill Atkinson in the May 10 general election.
In 2010, Sessions raised $97,014 in contributions.
His four largest contributors were:
|Alabama Education Association||$10,000|
|Cunningham Bounds Yance Crowder Brown & Breedlove||$5,000|
|Fight Back For Justice Pac||$5,000|
|Stan Wright Campaign||$4,079|
Sessions and his wife, Lisa Driskell, have three children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term David + Sessions + Alabama + House
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Alabama Legislature - Jim Barton
- Project Vote Smart biography
- Project Vote Smart legislative profile
- Al.com, "Bill Meredith endorses David Sessions for Alabama House District 105," April 28, 2011
- Al.com, "Jo Bonner, Mike Hubbard endorse David Sessions for House District 105," May 05, 2011
- Alabama Democrats, "Qualified candidates for public office list," accessed February 27, 2014
- Alabama Republican Party, "State Senate," accessed February 27, 2014
- Al.com, "David Sessions 'humbled' by House District 105 primary win," March 23, 2011
- Alabama Republican Candidate Certification District 105
- Al.com, "David Sessions wins House District 105 election," May 10, 2011
- followthemoney.org, "2010 contributions," accessed December 23, 2013
- Mitt Romney for President, "Mitt Romney Announces Additional Alabama Endorsements," March 12, 2012
|Alabama House District 105
| Succeeded by|