|Texas House of Representatives District 87|
| Term in office began|
| Term in office ended|
Swinford is a Marketing Manager with Dumas Coop Elevation. He has also worked as President/General Manager of the Moore County Grain Handling Company, a certified teacher in Vocational Education, and an agricultural consultant.
Swinford is a member of the Century Club - Texas Tech University, Lions Club, National Grain and Feed Association, Panhandle Grain and Feed Association, Texas Conservative Coalition, Texas Future Farmers of America Alumni, and Texas Grain and Feed Association.
- HB 957 - Relating to the eligibility of certain public officers to the legislature and prohibiting legislators from other public employment.
- HB 2151 - Relating to the creation of a fuel ethanol and biodiesel producer loan guarantee program.
- HB 2366 - Relating to the creation of the Texas bioenergy fund.
- HB 2812 - Relating to the curriculum, funding, promotion, and economic impact of career and technology education in public educational institutions.
On November 4, 2008, Swinford won re-election to the Texas House of Representatives from Texas's 87th District, defeating L. Blake Bailey (L). Swinford received 28,546 votes in the election while Bailey received 5,115 votes. Swinford raised $246,602 for his campaign.
|Texas House of Representatives, District 87|
|David Swinford (R)||28,546||84.80%|
|L. Blake Bailey (L)||5,115||15.19%|
Below are Swinford's top 5 campaign contributors in the 2008 election:
|Steve W Sterquell||$10,000|
|Texas Cattle Feeders Assoc||$7,500|
|Union Pacific Railroad||$6,500|
|Texas Assoc of Realtors||$5,031|
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006, 2004, 2002, 1998
- Freedom Speaks profile
- Texas State Directory profile
- Texas Political Almanac HD 87 page
- Texas Tribune profile & bio
- Vote-TX.org profile
- State Surge profile (timed out)
- Texas Conservative Coalition profile
- Project Vote Smart - Rep. Swinford
- Texas Legislature - Bills Authored/Joint Authored by Rep. Swinford
- Texas Secretary of State, "1992 - Current Election History," accessed February 24, 2014
- District 87 Texas House candidate funds, 2008
- Follow the Money, "2008 contributions," accessed November 20, 2014
|Texas House District 87
| Succeeded by|
Four Price (R)
State of Texas
|State executive offices||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Secretary of State | Attorney General | Comptroller | State Auditor | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of General Land Office | Chairman of Workforce Commission | Chairman of Public Utilities | Chairman of Railroad Commission |
List of Counties |
List of Cities |
Texas school districts A - L |
Texas school districts M - Z |