|U.S. House, Michigan, District 11|
|Bachelor's||University of Michigan|
Trott is the chairman of Trott & Trott PC, a firm that represents banks and lenders in foreclosure and bankruptcy cases. In an ad by primary opponent Rep. Kerry Bentivolio, Bentivolio referred to Trott as "the Foreclosure King," as his firm is the largest foreclosure law firm in Michigan.
Trott is running in the 2014 election for the U.S. House to represent Michigan's 11th District. Trott won the Republican nomination in the primary on August 5, 2014, defeating incumbent Kerry Bentivolio. The general election takes place November 4, 2014.
|U.S. House, Michigan District 11 Republican Primary, 2014|
|Kerry Bentivolio Incumbent||33.7%||20,572|
|Source: Results via Associated Press Vote totals above are unofficial and will be updated once official totals are made available.|
|Kerry Bentivolio vs. Dave Trott|
|Poll||Kerry Bentivolio||Dave Trott||Undecided||Margin of Error||Sample Size|
|National Research Inc.|
(June 22-23, 2014)
|WXYZ/Detroit Free Press|
(July 12-13, 2014)
|Note: The polls above may not reflect all polls that have been conducted. Those displayed are a random sampling chosen by Ballotpedia staff. If you would like to nominate another poll for inclusion in the table, send an email to email@example.com|
|David Trott (2014) Campaign Finance Reports|
|Report||Date Filed||Beginning Balance||Total Contributions|
for Reporting Period
|Expenditures||Cash on Hand|
|October Quarterly||October 15, 2013||$0.00||$648,519.32||$(196,098.01)||$452,421.31|
|Year-End||January 31, 2014||$452,421.31||$450,564.97||$(192,257.09)||$710,729.19|
|April Quarterly||April 15, 2014||$710,729.19||$587,335.50||$(256,543.33)||$1,041,521.36|
Trott's April 2014 ad, "Dave Trott Works"
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "David + Trott + Michigan + Congress"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- United States House of Representatives
- Michigan's 11th Congressional District elections, 2014
- Michigan's 11th Congressional District
- Detroit Free Press, "U.S. House candidate David Trott made millions in mortgage crisis," May 18, 2014
- Roll Call, "Bentivolio Gets Primary Challenger in Michigan | #MI11," September 4, 2013
- Federal Election Commission, "David Trott October Quarterly," accessed October 30, 2013
- Federal Election Commission, "David Trott Year-End," accessed February 11, 2014
- Federal Election Commission, "David Trott April Quarterly," accessed April 21, 2014