|Michigan Supreme Court|
|Appointed by:||Gov. Rick Snyder|
|Preceded by:||Diane Hathaway|
|Past post:||Judge, 16th Circuit Court, Michigan|
|Past post 2:||Managing partner, Viviano & Viviano, PLLC|
|Past term 2:||2003-2006|
|Law School:||University of Michigan Law School|
|Candidate for:||16th Circuit Court|
|Election information 2012:|
|Candidate for:||Supreme Court|
|Election information 2014:|
|Election date:||November 4, 2014|
David F. Viviano is a justice of the Michigan Supreme Court. He was appointed to the office by Governor Rick Snyder on February 27, 2013, to fill the vacancy created by the resignation of Diane Hathaway. Viviano was then elected to the court on November 4, 2014, to serve out the remaining two years of Hathaway's term, which expires on December 31, 2016.
- See also: Michigan judicial elections, 2014
| Viviano ran for re-election to the Michigan Supreme Court.
General: He defeated Deborah Thomas and Kerry L. Morgan in the general election on November 4, 2014, receiving 62.1 percent of the vote.
Viviano ran for election on the Republican ticket for prosecutor in 2004, and has spoken at events for Republican groups such as the Eastside Republican Club and the Troy Republican Committee.
Viviano worked for a law firm in Chicago and another in Detroit before co-founding the Mt. Clemens firm of Viviano & Viviano, PLLC with Kathryn A. Viviano in 2004. He has also served as a city attorney for Center Line, Michigan. He was the managing member of Viviano & Viviano, PLLC for three years prior to his election to the 16th Circuit Court of Macomb County in 2006. He served as chief judge of that court until his appointment to the Michigan Supreme Court in 2013.
- News: Viviano appointed to replace convicted justice of Michigan Supreme Court, February 27, 2013
- Michigan Supreme Court
- Judicial selection in Michigan
- CT Post, "Snyder names Macomb County judge to Supreme Court," February 27, 2013
- Michigan Department of State, "2014 Unofficial Michigan General Candidate Listing," accessed August 26, 2014
- Detroit Free Press, "Meet the Michigan convention candidates," August 21, 2014
- Michigan Department of State, "Unofficial 2012 General Election Results: 16th Circuit Court," accessed November 12, 2014
- Michigan Department of State, "2012 Unofficial Michigan Primary Candidate Listing," July 31, 2012
- Advisor & Source, "State Supreme Court makes chief judge change," November 21, 2011
- Eastside Republican Club, "Justice Viviano Tells What It Takes To Merit a Hearing Before Supreme Court," accessed September 12, 2014
- Facebook, "Judicial Update with Michigan Supreme Court Justice David Viviano - Troy Republican Committee," May 30, 2013
- Macomb County, "Biography of the Hon. David F. Viviano," accessed November 12, 2014
- Viviano for Circuit Court Judge, "Meet Kathy"
- Michigan Secretary of State, "2006 Election Results: 16th Circuit Court," accessed November 12, 2014
- Michigan Courts, "Macomb County," accessed November 12, 2014
- Lebanese Monthly Magazine, "Rising Star David Viviano," December 2006 (Scroll to p.13)