David W. Hoyle
|David W. Hoyle|
|North Carolina State Senate District 43|
| Term in office began|
| Term in office ended|
|Profession||Real Estate Developer|
Hoyle joined the North Carolina State Senate in 1993. He served in that position until 2011, representing the 43rd district.
Hoyle earned his BA from Lenoir-Rhyne University in 1960.
Hoyle is a self-employed Real Estate Developer and Investor.
While a member of the North Carolina State Senate, Hoyle served on the following committees:
- Appropriations/Base Budget Committee, North Carolina State Senate
- Commerce Committee, North Carolina State Senate
- Education/Higher Education Committee, North Carolina State Senate
- Finance Committee, North Carolina State Senate
- Health Care Committee, North Carolina State Senate
- Judiciary I Committee, North Carolina State Senate
- Rules and Operations of the Senate Committee, North Carolina State Senate
- Transportation Committee, North Carolina State Senate
- Ways & Means Committee, North Carolina State Senate
Hoyle did not seek re-election in 2010.
On November 4, 2008, Hoyle was re-elected to the 43rd District Seat in the North Carolina State Senate, besting Kathy Harrington (R).  Hoyle raised $645,044 for his campaign, while Harrington raised $161,256. 
|North Carolina Senate, District 43 (2008)|
|David W. Hoyle (D)||35,838|
|Kathy Harrington (R)||33,791|
In 2008, Hoyle collected $645,044 in donations.
His five largest contributors in 2008 were:
|North Carolina Democratic Senate CMTE||$147,576|
|North Carolina Auto Dealers Association||$12,000|
|North Carolina Home Builders Association||$8,658|
|Bank of America||$8,000|
|Blue Cross Blue Shield of North Carolina||$8,000|
Hoyle has a wife, Linda.
- Senator Hoyle campaign
- Official North Carolina State Senate website
- Project Vote Smart biographical profile
- Project Vote Smart legislative profile
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006, 2004, 2002, 2000, 1998, 1996
- Senator Hoyle State Surge
|North Carolina State Senate District 43
| Succeeded by|
Kathryn Harrington (R)