Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|U.S. House, Oregon, District 1|
|January 3, 1999-August 3, 2011|
Each year, National Journal publishes an analysis of how liberally or conservatively each member of Congress voted, as compared to other members, in the previous year. More information about the analysis process can be found on the vote ratings page.
According to the data released in 2012, ranked 117th in the liberal rankings in 2011.
Frequency of Voting with Democratic Leadership
According to a July 2010 analysis of 1,357 votes cast from January 1, 2009 to June 16, 2010, Rep. Wu has voted with the House Democratic leadership 97.1% of the time. That same analysis reported that he also voted with party leadership 97.2% of the time in 2010.
Washington Post Analysis
A separate analysis from The Washington Post, concluded that he votes 97.4% of the time with the majority of rank-and-file Democrats in the House of Representatives.
Wu raised $282,031 for his campaign. Wu’s war chest for the second quarter was split between political action committee money and individual donations: $178,031 of which he received from individuals and $104,000 from PACs.
- "‘Red tide’ skips Oregon’s congressional delegation," Oregon Capital News, November 3, 2010
- National Journal, "Searchable Vote Ratings Tables: House," accessed February 23, 2012
- A Line of Sight, "2010 House Dem Voting Report" (timed out)
- Washington Post, "U.S. Congress Votes Database, 111th Congress"
- Oregon Politico, "Congressional candidates disclose latest financial data," July 16, 2010