Davis County, Utah
- Main article: Evaluation of Utah county websites
Information last reviewed: April 2, 2012
- Council meetings and agendas are published.
- Elected Councilmembers information is published, including contact phone numbers and email addresses.
- Administrative officials are published.
- Audits and Comprehensive Annual Financial Reports are available, but only through 2010.
- Budget information is available.
- Permits and zoning information is available.
- Purchasing overview and contact information is available.
- Limited contract information is available, and search does not turn up relevant results.
- Public records are complete.
- Only limited purchasing information is available.
- No explanatory text included with the budget.
- The format of the presented CAFR, budget and tax information is very small and difficult to read.
- A search of lobbying turns up commission minutes, the most recent (January 13, 2012) will not open.
Legislative reform proposed
Utah Senate Bill 18 was proposed in the Utah State Senate on February 2, 2009. The bill would have required all cities, counties, school districts and special districts in the state to post their budgets online.
Elected Officials: Council Members
|John Petroff, Jr.||Commission Vice Chair||1/6/13||$177,625|
|Bret Millburn||Commission Chair||1/5/15||$181,168|
Salary information available here.
|Troy Rawlings||County Attorney||$236,886|
|Jonathan Lee||Finance Director||Unavailable|
|LaDean Stettler||Purchasing Manager||$68,893|
|Pat Beckstead||Election Director||$114,340|
|Richard Maughan||County Recorder||$172,151|
The total budget available for appropriation in FY 2012 is $81,842,802.
The Davis county seat, Farmington, received $1,394,735 in federal stimulus money through one firm-fixed contract for mechanical, fire protection, and electrical upgrades at building 4531 at dugway Proving Ground.
Tax information is available, but difficult to read on the small PDF.
- Davis County facts
- Public meeting minutes and agendas
- Commission officials
- Administrative officials
- CAFR reports
- Budget information
- Permits and zoning
- Contract search
- Public records
- Limited purchasing information
- No budget explanation
- Small PDF documents
- Lobbying search
- Text of SB 18
- Salary information
- Operating budget
- Tax revenue