|Tennessee House of Representatives, District 37|
|November 7, 2016|
|Years in position||3|
|Majority Caucus Secretary, Tennessee House of Representatives|
|2014 - present|
|Per diem||$188/legislative day|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Bachelor's||Middle Tennessee State University|
|Master's||Middle Tennessee State University|
White received her B.S., M.Ed., Ed.S. from Middle Tennessee State University. She is a former teacher and currently works as an Internet retailer.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, White served on the following committees:
|Tennessee Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Business and Utilities|
Elections for 99 seats in the Tennessee House of Representatives took place in 2014. A primary election took place on August 7, 2014. The general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was April 3, 2014. Incumbent Dawn White defeated Eddie Smotherman in the Republican primary. White was unopposed in the general election.
|Tennessee House of Representatives, District 37 Republican Primary, 2014|
|Dawn White Incumbent||71.1%||4,359|
White won election in the 2012 election for Tennessee House of Representatives, District 37. White defeated Richard P. Garvin in the August 2 primary election and defeated Robert New (D) in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Tennessee House of Representatives, District 37, General Election, 2012|
|Tennessee House of Representatives, District 37 Republican Primary, 2012|
Comprehensive donor information for White is available dating back to 2012. Based on available campaign finance records, White raised a total of $115,510 during that time period. This information was last updated on July 1, 2013.
|Dawn White's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Tennessee State House, District 37||$115,510|
|Grand Total Raised||$115,510|
2012White won election to the Tennessee House of Representatives in 2012. During that election cycle, White raised a total of $115,510.
|Tennessee House of Representatives 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Dawn White's campaign in 2012|
|Tennessee Legislative Campaign Cmte||$17,064|
|Leaders Of Tennessee||$9,000|
|Harwell, Beth Halteman||$2,800|
|Smyrna Ready Mix||$2,400|
|Total Raised in 2012||$115,510|
|Source:Follow the Money|
Legislative scorecards are used to evaluate elected public officials based on voting record. Some scorecards are created by political advocacy groups with a focus on specific issues, while others are developed by newspapers and are broad in scope. Scorecards are meant to be used as a tool for voters to have a quick picture of whether their views align with a particular legislator's record.
Because scorecards can be specific to particular issues or general to a state’s legislative term, for example, each report should be considered on its own merits. Each entity that publishes these reports uses different methodologies and definitions for the terms used.
Please see our writing guidelines if you would like to add results from an individual scorecard to this legislator's profile.
In 2013, the 108th Tennessee General Assembly, first year, was in session from January 8 to April 19. In 2014, the 108th Tennessee General Assembly, second year, was in session from January 14 to April 18.
- Tennessee National Federation of Independent Business: 2013-2014 Voting Record
- Legislators are scored on their votes on key small business issues.
- Tennessee Conservation Voters: 2013 Scorecard
- Legislators are scored on their votes relating to conservation and environmental issues.
- Tennessee Voters for Animal Protection: 2014 Scorecard
- Legislators are scored on their votes on animal protection bills.
White and her husband, Chad, currently reside in Murfreesboro, Tennessee.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Dawn + White + Tennessee + House of Representatives"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Tennessee State Legislature
- Tennessee House of Representatives
- Tennessee House of Representatives Committees
- Tennessee Joint Committees
- Tennessee state legislative districts
- Official campaign website
- Office website
- Profile from Open States
- Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions via Follow the Money: 2012
- Tennessee Secretary of State, "August 7, 2014 Election Results," accessed September 11, 2014
- Tennessee Secretary of State, "Petitions Filed for State Senate and State House of Representatives," accessed April 5, 2014
- Tennessee Secretary of State, "2012 List of Candidates," accessed April 18, 2014
- Tennessee Department of State, "Election Results," accessed April 18, 2014
- Associated Press, "Tennessee - Summary Vote Results," accessed August 2, 2012
- Follow the Money, "White, Dawn," accessed July 1, 2013
Bill Harmon (D)
|Tennessee House of Representatives District 37
| Succeeded by|
State of Tennessee
|State executive officers||
Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Comptroller | Treasurer | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance| Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of Environment & Conservation | Commissioner of Labor and Workforce Development | Chairman of Regulatory Authority |