|Former candidate for|
|Colorado State Senate, District 32|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
Murray's website highlighted the following campaign themes:
Job Creation and Innovation
- Excerpt: "As your State Senator, I would apply the skills and knowledge gained through my 30 years as a CPA and business owner. With any legislative action, I would understand the impact on job creators, big and small, doing everything possible to help them thrive."
- Excerpt: "As your Senator, I would actively support partnerships between the private and public education sectors. While Denver offers many alternatives for K-12 education, I would support expanding school funding laws that allows the money to follow the child in order to provide more choice and more opportunity. Income tax credits for scholarships would be another great alternative."
Fiscal Responsibility, Taxes and Fees
- Excerpt: "As your Senator, I would require government to spend your tax dollars responsibly. In defense of your taxpayer’s bill of rights, I think you know best how to spend your money. I would fight for you to keep your hard-earned paycheck with the lowest burden of taxes or fees."
- Excerpt: "As your Senator, legislative oversight and accountability of these changes would be my priority. Keeping your insurance and your doctor should not be promises broken. The doctor’s oath of “do no harm” will be my oath as Senator."
Government Accountability and Transparency
- Excerpt: "As your Senator, I would stand for reasonable and thoughtful legislation after hearing from my constituents. Government programs must have proper checks and balances and administrators must be held to account. I would maintain a zero tolerance for any abuse of power by elected officials."
- See also: Colorado State Senate elections, 2014
Elections for the office of Colorado State Senate took place in 2014. A primary election took place on June 24, 2014. The general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was March 31, 2014. Incumbent Irene Aguilar was unopposed in the Democratic primary, while Dawne Murray was unopposed in the Republican primary. Aguilar defeated Murray and Darrell Dinges (L) in the general election.
|Colorado State Senate, District 32, General Election, 2014|
|Democratic||Irene Aguilar Incumbent||64.3%||35,852|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Dawne + Murray + Colorado + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Colorado State Senate
- Colorado State Senate District 32
- Colorado State Senate elections, 2014
- Colorado State Legislature
- Official campaign website
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Dawne Murray on Twitter
- Dawne Murray on LinkedIn
- dawnemurrayforcolorado.com, "Issues," accessed September 30, 2014
- Colorado Secretary of State, "Official primary candidate list," accessed May 1, 2014
- Colorado Secretary of State, "Official primary election results," accessed June 25, 2014
- Colorado Secretary of State, "Official general election candidate list," accessed July 23, 2014
- Colorado Secretary of State, "Official general election results," accessed December 5, 2014