|Rhode Island Senate District 35|
|2011 - present|
|January 6, 2015|
|Years in position||3|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 2, 2010|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|J.D.||University of Connecticut|
|Birthday||July 10, 1978|
Hodgson attended St. George's School and Bucknell University where he graduated in 2000. He received his J.D. from the University of Connecticut School of Law in 2004. His professional experience includes working as a Criminal Prosecutor with the Department of the Attorney General in Rhode Island from 2005-2010, as a law clerk for the Washington County Superior Court from 2004-2005 and for the Sodco incorporated family farm and Chipuxet River Farm.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Hodgson served on the following committees:
|Rhode Island Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Government Oversight|
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Hodgson served on these committees:
|Rhode Island Committee Assignments, 2011|
Hodgson is running for election to the office of Rhode Island Attorney General. Hodgson is seeking the Republican nomination in the primary on September 9. The general election takes place on November 4, 2014.
Hodgson won re-election in District 35. He was unopposed in the Republican primary on September 11. Winters B. Hames III was unopposed in the Democratic primary. Hodgson defeated Hames in the general election which took place on November 6.
|Rhode Island State Senate, District 35, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Dawson Hodgson Incumbent||58.3%||7,886|
|Democratic||Winters B. Hames III||41.5%||5,612|
|Rhode Island State Senate, District 35|
|Dawson Hodgson (R)||6,006|
|Mark Schwager (D)||5,078|
Comprehensive donor information for Dawson Hodgson is available dating back to 2010. Based on available campaign finance records, Dawson Hodgson raised a total of $54,926 during that time period. This information was last updated on July 30, 2013.
|Dawson Hodgson's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Rhode Island State Senate, District 35||$14,039|
|2010||Rhode Island State Senate, District 35||$40,887|
|Grand Total Raised||$54,926|
2012Dawson Hodgson won re-election to the Rhode Island State Senate in 2012. During that election cycle, Dawson Hodgson raised a total of $14,039.
|Rhode Island State Senate 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Dawson Hodgson's campaign in 2012|
|Hodgson, Dawson Tucker||$1,686|
|North Kingstown Republican||$500|
|Total Raised in 2012||$14,039|
|Source:Follow the Money|
2010Dawson Hodgson won election to the to the Rhode Island State Senate in 2010. During that election cycle, Dawson Hodgson raised a total of $40,887.
|to the Rhode Island State Senate 2010 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Dawson Hodgson's campaign in 2010|
|Hodgson, Dawson Tucker||$5,368|
|Total Raised in 2010||$40,887|
|Source:Follow the Money|
Hodgson and his wife, Megan, have two children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google News search for the term "Dawson + Hodgson + Rhode + Island + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- GOP state Sen. Hodgson announces candidacy for RI attorney general - The Providence Journal
- Republican Lawmaker Dawson Hodgson Seeks Attorney General Position - Rhode Island Public Radio
- R.I. senator calls for independent investigation into 38 Studios deal - The Providence Journal
- Hodgson Launches GOP Challenge Against AG Kilmartin - Rhode Island Public Radio
- 1/15: Sen. Dawson Hodgson on State of Mind - MyFOX Providence WNAC
- Gerald M. McCarthy: Candidate questions Deepwater boondoggle - The Providence Journal
- Republican Hodgson declares for RI Attorney General - WLNE-TV (ABC6)
- Republican enters the race for Attorney General - WLNE-TV (ABC6)
- Hodgson to announce bid for RI attorney general - Albany Times Union
- TGIF: 12 Things to Know About Rhode Island Politics & Media - Rhode Island Public Radio
- Official campaign website
- Senate website
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2012 2010
- GoLocalProv, "NEW: Hodgson Announces Candidacy for Attorney General," January 17, 2014
- North Kingston Patch, "Hodgson Considers Running For AG," September 26, 2013
- Candidates in Upcoming Elections "Rhode Island Secretary of State," Accessed July 5, 2012
- Unofficial results for Rhode Island state senate Republican District 35 primary, 9/14/2010
- followthemoney.org, "Hodgson, Dawson" Accessed July 30, 2013
Michael Lenihan (D)
|Rhode Island State Senate District 35
| Succeeded by|