De Soto Parish is one of 64 parishes in Louisiana. A parish, in Louisiana, is the equivalent of a county in other states. It is part of the Shreveport-Bossier City, Louisiana Metropolitan Statistical Area. The parish seat is Mansfield. As of 2000, the parish population was 25,494.
- See also: Evaluation of Louisiana parish websites
- The website is mostly dedicated to law enforcement and the site does contain arrest records.
- Procedures for obtaining public records from De Soto Parish were found through the De Soto Parish Clerk website.
- An inspection of the website finds that it does not include information about who is on the police jury (the governing agency) of the parish. The names and contact information for the members of the police jury were obtained through the official LPgov.org website.
- The official website contains very little information on parish government. The parish government page only lists links to the Clerk of Court, Tax Assessor and Sheriff's Office.
- ↑ Online Records
- ↑ De Soto Parish Police Jury
- ↑ DeSoto Parish and City Government