Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Former candidate for|
|Lieutenant Governor of Vermont|
|Party||Vermont Progressive Party|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
Corren was endorsed by the Vermont Democratic Party and won the Democratic primary as a write-in candidate.
|Lieutenant Governor of Vermont, 2014|
|Republican||Phil Scott Incumbent||62.1%||118,949|
|Liberty Union||Marina Brown||1.7%||3,347|
|Election Results via Vermont Secretary of State.|
The absence of a Democratic candidate in this race, coupled with Vermont's current leftward lean, meant that the third-party candidates running for Vermont Lieutenant Governor, Dean Corren of the Vermont Progressive Party and Democratic Party and Marina Brown of the Liberty Union Party, had a better chance than usual of winning a statewide office.
Campaign finance and spending
Dean Corren was initially thought to have a financial advantage because he qualified for public funding, according to Ballot Access News. The requirements to receive public funding in Vermont are strict and Corren was the only candidate to qualify since 2004. In the event, however, Corren was limited by the $200,000 cap on public spending, while incumbent Republican Phil Scott outspent him, amassing $233,347.53 in expenditures by November 3, 2014.
Corren's campaign had reported $38,496 in media purchases by mid-October, compared to no media purchases for Scott. The Vermont Progressive candidate used that money to purchase radio and TV spots along with billboards.
Corren earned endorsements from Sen. Patrick Leahy (D), Sen. Bernie Sanders (I), Rep. Peter Welch (D) and Gov. Peter Shumlin (D). Scott received endorsements from state legislators including Richard Mazza (D) and Richard Sears (D).
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Dean + Corren + Vermont + Lieutenant"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Dean Corren for Lieutenant Governor of Vermont 2014 Official campaign website
- Dean Corren for Lieutenant Governor of Vermont 2014 Official campaign Facebook
- DEAN CORREN FOR VERMONT LT. GOVERNOR, "Former State Rep. Dean Corren to Run for Vermont Lieutenant Governor," May 7, 2014
- VT Digger, "DEMOCRATS ENDORSE PROGRESSIVE DEAN CORREN FOR LIEUTENANT GOVERNOR," September 22, 2014
- Ballot Access News, "Vermont Progressive Party Has Outside Chance of Electing Its First Statewide Nominee," June 13, 2014
- Vermont Secretary of State, "Campaign Finance Disclosure Form through 11/3/2014," accessed November 17, 2014
- Burlington Free Press, "Election update: Media money flowing," October 13, 2014
- Burlington Free Press, "Leahy endorses Corren for lieutenant governor," October 23, 2014
State of Vermont
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture, Food & Markets | Secretary of Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Public Service Board |