|Iowa House of Representatives District 72|
|January 14, 2013 - Present|
|January 8, 2017|
|Years in position||2|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 8, 2016|
|High school||South Tama High School (1975)|
|Bachelor's||Electronics Engineering Technology, DeVry Institute of Technology|
|Profession||Electronics / Farmer|
Fisher earned his B.S. in Electronics Engineering Technology from DeVry Institute of Technology in Chicago. His professional experience includes working as a profit & loss manager for Motorola and farmer.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Fisher served on the following committees:
|Iowa Committee Assignments, 2012|
|• Local Government|
|• Natural Resources, Vice-chair|
Fisher's website highlighted the following campaign themes:
Common Sense budgeting
- Excerpt: "Do not spend more than the state takes in"
Common Sense Job Creation
- Excerpt: "Reduce taxes to grow businesses"
Common Sense Government
- Excerpt: "Photo ID at the polls"
Elections for the office of Iowa House of Representatives took place in 2014. A primary election took place on June 3, 2014. The general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was March 14, 2014. Ben Westphal was unopposed in the Democratic primary, while incumbent Dean Fisher was unopposed in the Republican primary. Westphal faced Fisher in the general election. Incumbent Fisher defeated Westphall in the general election.
|Iowa House of Representatives District 72, General Election, 2014|
|Republican||Dean Fisher Incumbent||63.4%||7,362|
Fisher won election in the 2012 election for Iowa House of Representatives District 72. Fisher ran unopposed in the Republican primary on June 5, 2012, and defeated Nathan Wrage (D) in the general election on November 6, 2012.
|Iowa House of Representatives, District 72, General Election, 2012|
Campaign donor information is not yet available for this year.
Legislative scorecards are used to evaluate elected public officials based on voting record. Some scorecards are created by political advocacy groups with a focus on specific issues, while others are developed by newspapers and are broad in scope. Scorecards are meant to be used as a tool for voters to have a quick picture of whether their views align with a particular legislator's record.
Because scorecards can be specific to particular issues or general to a state’s legislative term, for example, each report should be considered on its own merits. Each entity that publishes these reports uses different methodologies and definitions for the terms used.
Please see our writing guidelines if you would like to add results from an individual scorecard to this legislator's profile.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Dean + Fisher + Iowa + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Iowa House of Representatives
- Iowa House Committees
- Iowa House of Representatives District 72
- Iowa State Legislature
- Profile from the Iowa House of Representatives
- Official campaign website
- Profile from Open States
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Dean Fisher on LinkedIn
- deanfisher.com, "Official campaign website," accessed September 29, 2014
- Iowa Secretary of State, "Official primary election candidate list," accessed March 18, 2014
- Iowa Secretary of State, "Official primary election results," accessed June 30, 2014
- Iowa Secretary of State, "Official general election candidate list," accessed July 7, 2014
- Iowa Secretary of State, "Official general election results," accessed December 1, 2014
Richard Arnold (R)
|Iowa House of Representatives District 72
| Succeeded by|
State of Iowa
Des Moines (capital)
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor of State | Director of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor | Chair of Utilities |
Iowa Supreme Court | Judicial Nominating and Qualifications Commission | Circuit Court of Appeals | District Courts | Judicial Nominating Commission | Judicial news | Judicial activist organizations |