|Former candidate for|
|North Carolina House of Representatives, District 118|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
Hicks' website highlighted the following campaign themes:
|“||We have got to stop the unbelievable dismantling of public education. To build a strong North Carolina we must provide our children with the education they need to be prosperous knowledgeable leaders to move us into the future.
Fracking is a terrible environmental or economic idea for North Carolina as a whole but makes absolutely no sense for Western North Carolina. To even consider damaging our water or mountains with unknown chemicals shows a clear lack of concern for our land and the people living on it.
North Carolina has lost 33,000 jobs this past year, yet we hear how unemployment has dropped. Unemployment benefits have been cut 58 percent and the number of weeks from 26 to 10. The numbers just don’t add up.
Tax cuts to the wealthiest and corporations will result in over 600 million dollars in lost revenue. . Yet 80 percent of North.Carolinas saw no or very little change for them. We have got to find a way for every taxpayer to pay a fair share and not force only the middle class to shoulder the burden.
Elections for the office of North Carolina House of Representatives took place in 2014. A primary election took place on May 6, 2014. The general election took place on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was February 28, 2014. Incumbent Michele Presnell was unopposed in the Republican primary, while Dean Hicks was unopposed in the Democratic primary. Hicks was defeated by Presnell in the general election.
|North Carolina House of Representatives, District 118 General Election, 2014|
|Republican||Michele Presnell Incumbent||51.3%||13,858|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Dean + Hicks + North + Carolina + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- North Carolina House of Representatives
- North Carolina State Legislature
- North Carolina House of Representatives elections, 2014
- North Carolina House of Representatives District 118
- Official campaign website
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Dean Hicks on Facebook
- deanhicks.org, "Issues," accessed August 20, 2014
- Note: This text is quoted verbatim from the original source. Any inconsistencies are attributed to the original source.
- North Carolina State Board of Elections, "Official Primary Election Results For 2014," accessed June 12, 2014
- North Carolina State Board of Elections, "General Election Candidate List Grouped by Contest," accessed June 12, 2014
- North Carolina State Board of Elections, "05/06/2014 Official Primary Election Results - Statewide," accessed December 5, 2014
- North Carolina State Board of Elections, "11/04/2014 Official General Election Results - Statewide," accessed December 5, 2014
State of North Carolina
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Secretary of Environment and Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Utilities |