Dean M. Fink
|Dean M. Fink|
Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Maricopa County Superior Court, Arizona|
|Past position:||Commissioner, Maricopa County Superior Court|
|Undergraduate:||University of Arizona, 1990|
|Law School:||Columbia University School of Law, 1993|
|Candidate for:||Maricopa County Superior Court|
|Election information 2014:|
Dean M. Fink is the presiding tax and civil court judge for the Maricopa County Superior Court in Arizona. He first joined the court in 2007. He was retained on November 4, 2014, for a term that expires on January 6, 2019.
- See also: Arizona judicial elections, 2014
|Fink was retained to the Maricopa County Superior Court with 66.8 percent of the vote on November 4, 2014.|
The Judicial Performance Review Commission provides Arizona voters with an evaluation of each judge up for retention. The commission votes on whether a candidate meets or does not meet the JPR standards. Each judge is assessed on their legal ability, integrity, communication skills, judicial temperament and administrative performance.
The commission voted that Fink met the JPR standards. The vote was 29-0 in favor of retention.
- Main article: Arizona judicial elections, 2010
Read Fink's Judicial Performance Report here.
- 2007-2019: Judge, Maricopa County Superior Court
- 2004-2007: Commissioner, Maricopa County Superior Court
- 2000-2004: Attorney, Lewis & Roca
- 1996-2000: Attorney, Kirkland & Ellis
- 1993-1995: Attorney, Fennemore Craig
Awards and associations
- Member, Maricopa County Bar Association
- Member, Arizona Judges Association
- 2011-Present: Member, State Bar of Arizona Civil Practice and Procedure Committee
- 2010-Present: Master, Sandra Day O'Connor Inn of Court
- 1990-Present: Member, Arizona Town Hall
- 2011-2014: Member, State Bar of Arizona Civil Practice and Procedure Committee
- 2007-2009: Member, Arizona Supreme Court Fiduciary Board
- 2007-2009: President, University of Arizona Bobcats Alumni Organization
- 2004-2005: Member, University of Arizona Student Life National Leadership Board
- 2002-2007: Board member, Arts & Business Council of Greater Phoenix
- 2000-2003: Chairman, State Bar of Arizona
- 1998-2005: Member, State Bar of Arizona Communications Advisory Committee
- Maricopa County Superior Court, "Dean M. Fink Biography"
- Maricopa County Superior Court
- Arizona Judicial Branch website
- Arizona Courts, "Maricopa Superior Court Judges," accessed September 24, 2014
- Maricopa County Recorder, "Final Official Results," November 2, 2010
- Arizona Judicial Performance Review, "Judicial Report: 2014," accessed October 2, 2014
- Arizona Courts: Judicial Performance Review, "Judicial Performance Standards," accessed September 30, 2014