|Board member, Cabot Public School District, Position 5|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||September 17, 2013|
|First elected||September, 2008|
|Next election||September, 2018|
|Bachelor's||Memphis State University|
|Service/branch||Lt. Col., United States Air National Guard|
|Years of service||August, 1991 - present|
|Citations||Joint Service Commendation Medal and Air Force Commendation Medal|
|Profession||Maintenance Squadron Commander|
Dean Martin resides in Cabot, Arkansas with his wife and sons. Martin earned a B.S. in Computer Engineering Technology from Memphis State University before being commissioned as a second lieutenant in the United States military in 1991, reaching the rank of Lieutenant Colonel. In 2004, he joined the Arkansas Air National Guard and served as a pilot, officer and squadron commander. Martin currently serves as the Maintenance Squadron Commander for the 189th Airlift Wing.
During his campaign, no campaign donations or expenditures for Dean Martin were reported to the Arkansas Secretary of State.
Dean Martin did not receive any official endorsements for his campaign.
Martin's campaign website listed the following campaign themes for 2013:
• Effectively managing our fiscal resources in an economic environment of rising costs coupled with reductions in state funding. At the same time we must maintain a competitive salary structure and affordable health care for our faculty and staff so that we can continue to draw the best to work in our school system.
• Continuing to ensure we meet the academic needs of our Advanced Placement students and students with learning challenges, while placing increased emphasis on our larger segment of students to reach their full academic potential.
• Balancing the purchase and use of technology with what is most effective in enhancing learning for students while ensuring teachers have appropriate training and ongoing support for effective implementation. Welcome!
• Conveying my passion for the Cabot School District to all employees and residents while looking for new opportunities for all members of our community to be a part of the great things happening here.
Note: The above quote is from the candidate's website, which may include some typographical or spelling errors.
About the district
- See also: Cabot Public School District, Arkansas
Cabot outperformed the rest of Arkansas in terms of its median rates of average household income, poverty and higher education achievement in 2011. The median household income in Cabot was $55,543 compared to $40,149 for the state of Arkansas. The poverty rate in Cabot was 12.2% compared to 18.4% for the entire state. The US Census also found that 24.0% of Cabot residents aged 25 years and older attained a Bachelor's degree compared to 19.6% in Arkansas.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Dean + Martin + Cabot + Public + School"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 Dean Martin for Cabot School Board 2013, "Welcome!," accessed September 13, 2013
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Dean Martin for Cabot School Board 2013, "Biography," accessed September 13, 2013
- ↑ Cabot Public Schools, "Board Member Bios," accessed September 13, 2013
- ↑ Arkansas Secretary of State, "Financial Disclosure Search," accessed September 13, 2013
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 5.2 U.S. Census, "Quick Facts: Cabot," accessed July 31, 2013
- ↑ The New York Times, "Election Results," accessed July 31, 2013