Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|North Carolina State Senate District 9|
Butler's website highlights the following campaign themes:
Let’s Get Back to Work
- Excerpt:"Deb Butler will make sure we make the investments needed for our future. She will make sure our area has the infrastructure we need to recruit and retain the best employers and that we don’t play politics when American companies like Caterpillar and Continental Tire want to bring good-paying jobs here."
Education Moves Us Forward
- Excerpt:"Cutting education to balance the budget is not the answer. We must reduce class size and make sure our schools and teachers have every resource available so our kids have the best education possible. We must make our local universities and community colleges accessible and affordable for more citizens."
Common Sense Solutions for Women, Seniors and Families
- Excerpt:"Instead of focusing on a radical social agenda, Deb will listen to what is important right here at home in New Hanover County. She will use common sense to tackle our state’s greatest problems. She believes women deserve to make their own choices. Seniors deserve to age with dignity and working families deserve every opportunity to succeed."
Butler ran in the 2012 election for North Carolina State Senate District 9. She ran unopposed in the Democratic primary on May 8 and was defeated by incumbent Thomas Goolsby (R) in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|North Carolina State Senate, District 9, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Thomas Goolsby Incumbent||54.2%||52,955|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Deb + Butler + North Carolina + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Top 5 state Senate races to watch in North Carolina - News & Observer
- New York's boot-camp prisons get the boot - Al Jazeera America
- Official campaign website
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Deb Butler on Facebook
- Deb Butler on Twitter