Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Former candidate for|
|Michigan State Senate, District 28|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
Havens' website highlighted the following campaign themes:
- Excerpt: "I believe we need to invest in universal pre-school, provide our children with rich and stimulating learning materials and experiences, as well as resources that include small classes, teacher aides, and learning programs that benefit their parents as well."
- Excerpt: "I will fight to restore women to a respected place in Michigan law with access to reproductive services determined by women and their doctors."
- Excerpt: "To grow jobs here, Michigan must embrace the future while keeping true to our traditional farmlands, our work ethic, and our beautiful state that brings millions of tourists annually."
- Excerpt: "I will fight to restore the tax credits lost by families and seniors, as well as establish a fair and balanced approach to taxes, providing an opportunity for Michiganders to invest in themselves."
- Excerpt: "The Michigan and Federal governments need to utilize the technology at our disposal to create an efficient and effective network for Veterans to receive their well deserved benefits. Any deceased Veteran due to an unresponsive and sluggish agency is unacceptable. I will fight to protect those who have graciously given their lives, time, and future so this great nation can remain free. "
- See also: Michigan State Senate elections, 2014
Elections for the office of Michigan State Senate took place in 2014. A primary election was held on August 5, 2014, and a general election took place on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was April 22, 2014. Deb Havens was unopposed in the Democratic primary. Peter MacGregor defeated Kevin Green in the Republican primary. Ted Gerrard ran as a U.S. Taxpayers Party candidate. MacGregor defeated Havens and Gerarrd in the general election.
|Michigan State Senate, District 28 General Election, 2014|
|Republican||Peter MacGregor Incumbent||66.1%||53,221|
|U.S. Taxpayers||Ted Gerrard||2.6%||2,115|
|Michigan State Senate, District 28 Republican Primary, 2014|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Deb + Havens + Michigan + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Michigan State Senate
- Michigan State Senate District 28
- Michigan State Senate elections, 2014
- Michigan State Legislature
- Official campaign website
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Deb Havens on Facebook
- Deb Havens on Twitter
- Michigan Secretary of State, “2014 Unofficial Michigan Primary Candidate Listing,” accessed May 1, 2014
- debhavensforsenate.com, "Issues," accessed July 18, 2014
- Michigan Secretary of State, "State Senator," accessed August 6, 2014
- Michigan Secretary of State, "State Senator," accessed December 5, 2014
- Michigan Secretary of State, "2014 Official Michigan Primary Candidate Listing," accessed May 27, 2014
- Michigan Secretary of State, "2014 Official Michigan General Candidate Listing," accessed September 8, 2014