|Former candidate for|
|Kentucky State Senate, District 24|
|Bachelor's||Northern Kentucky University|
was a 2014 Republican
candidate for District 24
of the Kentucky State Senate
Sheldon's website highlighted the following campaign themes:
||Deb is focusing on a policy platform that puts communities first. She wants to begin to improve our commonwealth’s education system by better evaluating superintendents and preserving curriculum flexibility in the classroom, giving teachers the tools to teach and keeping those who run our schools honest. If we get education right in this state, we can create a better future for our children and achieve sustained, broad-based economic growth. Deb wants to finally address the pension crisis in Kentucky in a responsible and honest way. This starts with repealing House Bill 299, the legislation that greatly inflated pensions for state legislators. Moreover, Deb wants to preserve and promote the role of local government in our communities. Local government is often more accountable and responsible, and is a much better vehicle to deliver the real change that Kentucky needs instead of the inefficient and one-size-fits all approach of Frankfort and Washington.
- See also: Kentucky State Senate elections, 2014
Elections for the office of Kentucky State Senate took place in 2014. A primary election took place on May 20, 2014. The general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was January 28, 2014. Jason Michael Steffen ran unopposed in the Democratic primary, while Wil Schroder defeated Deb Sheldon and Brandon N. Voelker in the Republican primary. Schroder defeated Steffen in the general election.
|Kentucky State Senate, District 24 General Election, 2014
|| Jason Steffen
|Kentucky State Senate, District 24 Republican Primary, 2014
| Deb Sheldon
| Brandon N. Voelker
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Deb + Sheldon + Kentucky + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
Deb Sheldon News Feed
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Kentucky Secretary of State, "Election: 2014 General Election," accessed October 29, 2014
- ↑ Friends of Debbie Sheldon, "About," accessed April 29, 2014
- ↑ Note: This text is quoted verbatim from the original source. Any inconsistencies are attributed to the original source.
- ↑ Kentucky Secretary of State, "Official 2014 Primary Election Results," accessed October 29, 2014
- ↑ Kentucky Secretary of State, "Official 2014 General Election Results," accessed December 5, 2014