|South Dakota State Senate District 14|
|January 13, 2015|
|Years in position||1|
|Base salary||$6,000/session; $129/day for interim committees|
|Per diem||$110/legislative day|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 8, 2016|
|Bachelor's||University of North Dakota|
|Master's||South Dakota State University|
Soholt has a B.A. from University of North Dakota and an master's from South Dakota State University.
Soholt is a registered nurse with over twenty years of experience in the medical field, and is President of the South Dakota Board of Nursing.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Soholt served on the following committees:
|South Dakota Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Health and Human Services, Vice Chair|
|• Local Government|
The general elections for the office of South Dakota State Senate will take place on November 4, 2014. A primary election took place on June 3, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was March 25, 2014. Brian Kaatz was unopposed in the Democratic primary. Incumbent Deb Soholt was unopposed in the Republican primary. Kaatz will face Soholt in the general election.
Soholt won election in the 2012 election for South Dakota State Senate District 14. She defeated David B. Rose in the Republican primary on June 5 and defeated Brian Kaatz (D) in the general election on November 6, 2012.
|South Dakota State Senate, District 14, General Election, 2012|
|South Dakota State Senate District 14 Republican Primary, 2012|
|Deb Soholt Incumbent||54.1%||836|
|David B. Rose||45.9%||708|
Comprehensive donor information for Deb Soholt is available dating back to 2012. Based on available campaign finance records, Deb Soholt raised a total of $8,546 during that time period. This information was last updated on September 26, 2013.
|Deb Soholt's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||South Dakota State Senate, District 14||$8,546|
|Grand Total Raised||$8,546|
2012Deb Soholt won election to the South Dakota State Senate in 2012. During that election cycle, Deb Soholt raised a total of $8,546.
|South Dakota State Senate 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Deb Soholt's campaign in 2012|
|South Dakota Association of Healthcare Organizations||$1,000|
|Total Raised in 2012||$8,546|
|Source:Follow the Money|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Deb + Soholt + South + Dakota + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- South Dakota State Legislature
- South Dakota State Senate
- South Dakota Senate Committees
- South Dakota Joint Committees
- South Dakota State Senate District 14
- South Dakota State University, "Alumi News," accessed May 3, 2012
- Women in Balance, "Board of Directors," accessed March 11, 2014
- South Dakota Secretary of State, "Primary Election - Unofficial Results," accessed June 4, 2014
- South Dakota Secretary of State, "Current Candidates for Primary Election," accessed May 2, 2014
- Office of the South Dakota Secretary of State, "2012 Primary Election Candidate List," accessed April 10, 2012
- South Dakota Secretary of State, "Official Primary Results," June 12, 2012
- followthemoney.org, "Soholt, Deb," accessed September 26, 2013
Joni Cutler (R)
|South Dakota House of Representatives District 14
| Succeeded by|