|Minnesota Senate District 49|
| Term in office began|
| Term in office ended|
|Profession||Small Business Owner|
Johnson has a high school diploma and is a retail hardware store owner.
Johnson did not seek re-election to the Minnesota Senate in the fall of 2010. She announced her bid for the District 2 Anoka County Board seat in March.
Prior to leaving the senate, Johnson was a member of these committees:
Johnson was seeking re-election to District 49 but she did not earn the nomination at the party caucus in February 2010. Instead, the Republican Party nominated Michelle Benson. Johnson abided by the party's nomination and did not run in the primary against Benson.
|Minnesota State Senate, District 49 (2006)|
|Debbie Johnson (R)||16,923||52.16%|
|Jerry Newton (DFL)||15,487||47.73%|
In 2006, Johnson collected $27,757 in donations.
Her five largest contributors in 2006 were:
|Belanger Volunteer Cmte||$3,450|
|Senate District unreadable Lewis Peterson Treasurer||$1,000|
|Senate District 49||$750|
|Kathleen & Craig Wylie||$500|
Johnson represented Minnesota Senate District 49. District 49 includes the Minneapolis/St. Paul suburbs of Andover and Ham Lake.
Debbie is married to Wayne Johnson. They have two children and reside in Ham Lake, Minnesota.
- Debbie Johnson's official Minnesota State Senate website
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006, 2004, 2002, 2000
- ABC Newspapers, "Johnson will not be seeking re-election," March 17, 2010
- "Minnesota Senate" List of Standing Committees
- Party endorses Benson
- Minnesota Secretary of State, "Official Results General Election - Nov. 7, 2006," accessed May 15, 2014
- 2006 contributions to Debbie Johnson
- "Minnesota Secretary of State" Map of Senate District 48
|Minnesota State Senate District 49
| Succeeded by|
Michelle Benson (R)