|Florida House of Representatives, District 54|
|2008 - present|
|November 18, 2014|
|Years in position||6|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 4, 2008|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Term limits||4 terms (8 years)|
|High school||Pensacola High School|
|Birthday||December 2, 1956|
|Place of birth||Pensacola, Florida|
- 1 Committee assignments
- 2 Issues
- 3 Elections
- 4 Campaign donors
- 5 Personal
- 6 Recent news
- 7 See also
- 8 External links
- 9 References
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Mayfield served on the following committees:
|Florida Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Regulatory Affairs|
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Mayfield served on the following committees:
|Florida Committee Assignments, 2011|
|• Finance & Tax|
|• State Affairs|
|• Collective Bargaining, Co-chair|
|• Legislative Auditing, Alternating Chair|
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Mayfield served on the following committees:
|Florida Committee Assignments, 2009|
|• Agriculture & Natural Resources Policy, Vice-chair|
|• Governmental Affairs Policy|
|• Natural Resources Appropriations|
Mayfield did not provide answers to the Florida State Legislative Election 2008 Political Courage Test. The test informs voters how a candidate would vote on the issues if elected.
Mayfield's sponsored legislation includes:
- HB 361 - "Driver Licenses: Requires driver license application forms for original & renewal issuance or renewal extension to include language permitting applicant to make voluntary contribution to Stop Heart Disease."
- HB 543 - "High School Science Assessment: Requires students entering grade 9 to earn one credit in Biology I or in series of equivalent courses for high school graduation beginning with 2010-2011 school year"
- HB 1355 - "Management of State-Owned Lands: Directs OPPAGA to conduct study on centralization of land management activities of state & submit study to Legislature"
For details and a full listing of sponsored bills, see the House website.
Elections for the office of Florida House of Representatives will consist of a primary election on August 26, 2014, and a general election on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was June 20, 2014. Jorge Lugo is unopposed in the Democratic primary, while incumbent Debbie Mayfield is unopposed in the Republican primary.
Mayfield won election in the 2012 election for Florida House of Representatives District 54. Mayfield ran unopposed in the Republican primary on August 14, 2012, and was unchallenged in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
| Florida House of Representatives, District 80 |
2010 General election results
|Debbie Mayfield (R)||41,225||99.47%|
|Derek Muller (Write-in)||218||0.53%|
Mayfield defeated Art Argenio and Bradley Allan Ward in the August 24 primary.
|Florida House of Representatives, District 80 - Republican Primary (2010)|
On November 4, 2008, Mayfield won election to the Florida House of Representatives from Florida's 80th District, defeating Neal Abarbanell (D). Mayfield received 46,804 votes in the election while Abarbanell received 25,792 votes. Mayfield raised $382,278 for her campaign; Abarbanell raised $8,393.
|Florida House of Representatives, District 80|
|Debbie Mayfield (R)||46,804||64.5%|
|Neal Abarbanell (D)||25,792||35.5%|
Comprehensive donor information for Mayfield is available dating back to 2008. Based on available campaign finance records, Mayfield raised a total of $751,759 during that time period. This information was last updated on May 29, 2013.
|Debbie Mayfield's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Florida State House, District 54||$146,808|
|2010||Florida State House, District 80||$222,673|
|2008||Florida State House, District 80||$382,278|
|Grand Total Raised||$751,759|
2012Mayfield won re-election to the Florida House of Representatives in 2012. During that election cycle, Mayfield raised a total of $146,808.
|Florida House of Representatives 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Debbie Mayfield's campaign in 2012|
|Hospital Corp of America||$2,000|
|Book, Ronald L||$1,000|
|Florida Chamber of Commerce||$1,000|
|Florida Optometric Association||$1,000|
|Total Raised in 2012||$146,808|
|Source:Follow the Money|
2010Mayfield won re-election to the Florida House of Representatives in 2010. During that election cycle, Mayfield raised a total of $222,673.
|Florida House of Representatives 2010 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Debbie Mayfield's campaign in 2010|
|Florida Chamber Of Commerce||$2,500|
|Florida Association Of Realtors||$2,000|
|Associated Builders & Contractors Of Florida||$2,000|
|Southern Gardens Citrus Holding Corp||$1,500|
|Total Raised in 2010||$222,673|
|Source:Follow the Money|
2008Mayfield won election to the Florida House of Representatives in 2008. During that election cycle, Mayfield raised a total of $382,278.
|Florida House of Representatives 2008 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Debbie Mayfield's campaign in 2008|
|Florida Institute of Cpas||$3,000|
|Florida Association of Mortgage Brokers||$2,000|
|Ronald L Book Pa||$2,000|
|Total Raised in 2008||$382,278|
|Source:Follow the Money|
Mayfield has been a member of the Florida Mortgage Brokers Association, Indian River County Board of Realtors, Indian River County Chamber of Commerce, National Mortgage Brokers Association, Republican Executive Committee, Republican Women Aware and the Treasure Coast Builders Association.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Debbie + Mayfield + Florida + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Florida House of Representatives
- House Committees
- Florida State Legislature
- Florida state legislative districts
- Office website
- Campaign website
- Profile from Open States
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2012, 2008
- Debbie Mayfield on Twitter
- Project Vote Smart, "Rep. Mayfield Issue Positions," accessed April 23, 2014
- Newt Gingrich 2012, "Newt 2012 Florida Announces Florida Statewide Leaders and Steering Committee," January 6, 2012
- Florida Dvision of Elections, "Candidate Listing for 2014 General Election," accessed June 23, 2014
- Florida Secretary of State Election Division, "Candidate List," accessed June 21, 2012
- Florida Election Watch - 2010 Election results
- Florida Election Watch, "August 24, 2010, State Representative primary results," August 24, 2010
- Florida Department of Elections, "Florida House Official Election Results," November 4, 2008
- followthemoney.org, "District 80 Florida House candidate funds, 2008," November 4, 2008
- followthemoney.org, "Mayfield, Debbie," accessed May 29, 2013
- Project Vote Smart, "Rep. Mayfield Biography," accessed April 23, 2014
James Frishe (R)
|Florida House of Representatives District 54
| Succeeded by|
|Florida House of Representatives District 80
| Succeeded by|
Matt Hudson (R)
State of Florida
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Chief Financial Officer | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Agriculture and Consumer Services | Commissioner of Insurance Regulation | Secretary of Environmental Protection | Director of Economic Opportunity | Chair of Public Service Commission |