|U.S. House, California, District 14|
Bacigalupi is a businesswoman, biotech consultant, and agriculture advocate.
Bacigalupi's campaign website listed the following issues:
- Excerpt: "Teachers have a tough job. This is especially true when so many kids these days come from families that don't know how, or can't afford, to support a child's school experience. Despite my respect for teachers, what I see is that the educational system we have today remains widely broken despite numerous attempts to fix it."
- The Environment
- Excerpt: "No one has to tell the daughter of a farming and ranching family how vital the environment is to our wellbeing. These days, though, NGOs seem to have a louder voice about the environment than do we, the people--even though the true stakeholders are, in fact, we, the people."
- Government Spending
- Excerpt: "Our Federal government does not have a balanced budget. They're not even working on it. We have government pension plans that are out of control, and lavishly wasteful government conferences on the taxpayer dime. There must be reform."
- Excerpt: "Your money is already being pulled away to fund Affordable Healthcare; full implementation of this law is scheduled for 2014. We can and must stop this. "
- Jobs and the Economy
- Excerpt: "It is inexcusable that the unemployment rate today is as high as advertised. It's even more so that the numbers actually are much higher than discussed. Small business contractors, owners of "cottage" industries, and farmers and ranchers aren't even included in the official number."
Bacigalupi ran in the 2012 election for the U.S. House to represent California's 14th District. She and incumbent Jackie Speier (D) advanced past the blanket primary on June 5, 2012, defeating Michael Moloney (D). They faced off in the general election on November 6, 2012, and Speier won.
|U.S. House, California District 14 General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||Jackie Speier Incumbent||78.9%||203,828|
|Source: California Secretary of State "Official Election Results, 2012 General Election"|
|U.S. House, California District 14, 2012 - Deborah Bacigalupi Campaign Contributions|
|Total Raised by Election Winner||$969,474|
|Total Spent by Election Winner||$885,672|
|Top contributors to Deborah Bacigalupi's campaign committee|
|Self Employed (Same Name)||$1,250|
|Top 5 industries that contributed to campaign committee|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Deborah + Bacigalupi + California + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.