For status updates, visit lucyburns.org.
Ballotpedia's coverage of elections held on March 3, 2015, was limited. Select races were covered live, and all results will be added once the merger is complete.
Deborah O'Keefe Conroy
|Deborah O'Keefe Conroy|
|Illinois House of Representatives District 46|
|2013 - Present|
|January 10, 2017|
|Years in position||2|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 8, 2016|
|Former Member, District 205 School Board|
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Conroy served on the following committees:
|Illinois Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Cities & Villages|
|• Economic Development|
|• Higher Education|
|• Museums, Arts, & Cultural Enhancement|
|• Tourism & Conventions|
Conroy's campaign website listed the following issues:
- Creating Jobs and Encouraging Economic Development
- Excerpt: "As State Representative, I will work to promote DuPage County as a great place to do business. I support tax cuts to small businesses that help them expand and targeted tax incentives that reward in-state job creation."
- Demanding Fiscal Responsibility
- Excerpt: "It’s long overdue for government to learn to live within its means. To help us get there, I will work to reform the way Illinois’ budget is crafted to increase transparency and respect tax payers’ hard-earned dollars. I will help cut waste and inefficiencies, forcing government to protect vital services and spend only when there are clear benchmarks and accountability."
- Defending our Children
- Excerpt: "Unfortunately, dangerous sexual predators are a real threat to children. I support extended sentencing, which would allow a judge to keep sex offenders locked up beyond their release dates if they pose a danger to the public."
- Preventing Unfair Property Tax Increases
- Excerpt: "Working families simply cannot afford to pay more, and I will push for legislation to freeze property taxes when home values decline."
- Cutting Lawmaker Pay
- Excerpt: "At a time when so many families are struggling financially, lawmakers have an obligation to lead by example. I will not only make state legislators take a pay cut, I’ll make it harder for them to raise their pay in the future."
Elections for the office of Illinois House of Representatives took place in 2014. A primary election took place on March 18, 2014. The general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was December 2, 2013. Incumbent Deborah O'Keefe Conroy ran unopposed in the Democratic primary, while Heidi Holan ran unopposed in the Republican primary. Conroy then defeated Holan in the general election.
|Illinois House of Representatives District 46, General Election, 2014|
|Democratic||Deb Conroy Incumbent||52.5%||12,774|
Conroy won election in the 2012 election for Illinois House of Representatives District 46. Conroy was unopposed in the March 20 Democratic primary and defeated Daniel J. Kordik (R) in the general election, which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Illinois House of Representatives, District 46, General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||Deborah O'Keefe Conroy||57.7%||20,200|
|Republican||Daniel J. Kordik||42.3%||14,825|
Deborah O'Keefe Conroy was the Democratic candidate for District 46 of the Illinois House of Representatives in the state's November 2, 2010 general election. She lost to Republican incumbent Dennis Reboletti.
Comprehensive donor information for O'Keefe Conroy is available dating back to 2012. Based on available campaign finance records, O'Keefe Conroy raised a total of $742,657 during that time period. This information was last updated on July 22, 2013.
|Deborah O'Keefe Conroy's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Illinois State House, District 46||$742,657|
|Grand Total Raised||$742,657|
2012O'Keefe Conroy won election to the House of Representatives in 2012. During that election cycle, O'Keefe Conroy raised a total of $742,657.
|House of Representatives 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Deborah O'Keefe Conroy's campaign in 2012|
|Illinois Democratic Party||$301,407|
|Democratic Party of Illinois||$77,528|
|Construction & General Laborers District Council of Chicago & Vicinity||$40,000|
|Friends of Michael J Madigan||$23,575|
|Chicago Land Operators Joint Labor Management||$20,000|
|Total Raised in 2012||$742,657|
|Source:Follow the Money|
Legislative scorecards are used to evaluate elected public officials based on voting record. Some scorecards are created by political advocacy groups with a focus on specific issues, while others are developed by newspapers and are broad in scope. Scorecards are meant to be used as a tool for voters to have a quick picture of whether their views align with a particular legislator's record.
Because scorecards can be specific to particular issues or general to a state’s legislative term, for example, each report should be considered on its own merits. Each entity that publishes these reports uses different methodologies and definitions for the terms used.
Please see our writing guidelines if you would like to add results from an individual scorecard to this legislator's profile.
- Legislators are scored on their votes on bills that "impacted the social work profession and their clients."
- Legislators are scored on their stances on conservative issues.
Conroy and her husband, Tim, have four children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Deborah + Conroy + Illinois + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Illinois House of Representatives
- House Committees
- Illinois State Legislature
- Illinois state legislative districts
- Campaign website
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Profile from Open States
- Conroy's twitter
- Campaign contributions: 2012
- Deborah Conroy, "Issues," accessed October 24, 2012
- Illinois Secretary of State, "Official candidate list," accessed March 18, 2014
- Illinois Board of Elections, "General Primary Election Official Canvass," April 18, 2014
- Illinois Secretary of State, "Official general election candidate list," accessed March 18, 2014
- The Chicago Tribune, "Results List (Unofficial)," accessed November 5, 2014
- Illinois State Board of Elections, "Candidate List," accessed December 5, 2011
- Illinois State Board of Elections, "Official 2012 Primary Results," accessed May 14, 2014
- Illinois State Board of Elections, “Official Vote - November 6, 2012 General Election,” accessed January 18, 2013
- Chicago Sun-Times, "2010 Election Results," November 2, 2010
- followthemoney.org, "O'Keefe Conroy, Deborah," accessed July 22, 2013
- StateScape, "Session schedules," accessed August 13, 2014
- StateScape, "Session schedules," accessed August 13, 2014
- Project Vote Smart, "Rep. Deborah O'Keefe Conroy," accessed February 26, 2014
Dennis Reboletti (R)
|Illinois House of Representatives District 46
| Succeeded by|
State of Illinois
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Comptroller | Auditor General | Superintendent of Education | Director of Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources | Director of Labor | Chairman of Commerce Commission |