|Former candidate for|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
|High school||Jerome High School|
|Bachelor's||Boise State University|
|Profession||Certified public accountant|
Silver works as a certified public accountant. She previously worked as an auditor and has taught accounting at College of Southern Idaho.
|Idaho Treasurer, Democratic Primary, 2014|
|W. Lane Startin||16%||3,803|
|Election Results Via:Idaho Secretary of State.|
|Treasurer of Idaho, 2014|
|Republican||Ron Crane Incumbent||61%||260,044|
|Election Results via Idaho Secretary of State.|
Silver listed the following themes on her campaign website:
- Excerpt: "As Idaho's treasurer, I would follow the recommendation of the legislative auditors to strengthen processes to reduce risk of management over ride of controls. Our current treasurer provided no corrective action and denied any need to do so."
- Excerpt: "In 2011, the legislative auditors found that our Idaho treasurer had spent nearly $10,000 over three years on limousine rides while on his yearly trip to New York. They further noted that no allocation or reimbursement of cost was made for the spouses and family members who were literally along for the ride...My own common sense lets me assure the taxpayers of Idaho that I will not be using state money to travel in a limousine."
Silver and her husband, LeRoy Hayes, have two children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Deborah + Silver + Idaho + Treasurer"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Idaho Secretary of State, "List of All Candidate Declarations for 2014," accessed March 15, 2014
- Information submitted through Ballotpedia's biographical submission form on May 21, 2014
- Facebook, "Deborah Silver for Idaho Treasurer, About," accessed May 25, 2014
State of Idaho
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Controller | Treasurer | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Director of Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Director of Lands | Director of Labor | Public Utilities Commission |