|Massachusetts House of Representatives Twelfth Plymouth District|
|Plymouth School Committee|
|High school||Machabeng High School|
|Bachelor's||Brigham Young University|
|Profession||Mutual Fund Accountant, State Street Bank & Trust/Para-Legal|
Betz's website highlights the following campaign themes:
- Excerpt:"I will be a full time Legislator representing the people of my district. It will be my priority to respond effectively to all inquiries and constituent concerns in a timely and efficient manner."
- Excerpt:"I will fight for fair and equitable tax policies to encourage economic growth and expansion."
- Excerpt:"Education is a top priority. Special Education costs are out of control and hurting school districts. Even the Legislature acknowledges this dilemma as they try to remedy the situation by having circuit breaker reimbursements."
- Excerpt:"I am against raising or creating any new taxes."
- Excerpt:"Having a two party system of checks and balances could deter corruption. I will fight for fiscal responsibility by reviewing all government programs for efficiency."
Betz ran in the 2012 election for Massachusetts House of Representatives Twelfth Plymouth District. She ran unopposed in the September 6 Republican primary and was defeated by incumbent Thomas Calter, III (D) in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Massachusetts House of Representatives, Twelfth Plymouth District, General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||Thomas Calter, III Incumbent||62.5%||13,436|
Betz has two children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Debra + Betz + Massachusetts + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found
- Official campaign website
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Debra Betz on Facebook
- Debra Betz on Twitter
State of Massachusetts
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Secretary of Energy and Environmental Affairs | Secretary of Labor and Workforce Development | Chair of Public Utilities |