|North Carolina House of Representatives District 74|
|January 1, 2015|
|Years in position||1|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Conrad served on the following committees:
|North Carolina Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Commerce and Job Development, Vice-chair|
|• State Personnel|
Conrad's website highlights the following campaign themes:
- Excerpt: "Debra will work to enact pro-business legislation in Raleigh. She believes in order to recover lost jobs, we need to support our small businesses because they are essential to economic growth."
Taxes & Spending
- Excerpt: "Debra Conrad opposes all tax increases and all wasteful spending. She will work to set budget priorities and fund critical state services first."
- Excerpt: "Debra Conrad believes the best way to turn the tide is to support legislation which directly funds the classroom and not wasteful bureaucracies. When money is sent directly to the classroom and sidesteps administrations, it does more good for the child."
- Excerpt: "Debra Conrad believes that money should only be used for infrastructure repair. Debra supports legislation that will update the funding formula in order to ensure counties receive their fair share of road funding and that the roads and bridges we drive on are safe."
Note: Conrad's campaign themes did not change from 2012.
Elections for the office of North Carolina House of Representatives will take place in 2014. A primary election took place May 6, 2014. The general election will be held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was February 28, 2014. Incumbent Debra Conrad was unopposed in the Republican primary, while Mary Dickinson was unopposed in the Democratic primary. Dickinson and Conrad will face off in the general election.
Conrad ran in the 2012 election for North Carolina House of Representatives District 74. She defeated Glenn L. Cobb and District 73 incumbent Larry Brown in the Republican primary on May 8, 2012. She defeated David W. Moore (D) in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|North Carolina House of Representatives, District 74, General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||David W. Moore||35.6%||14,742|
|North Carolina House of Representatives District 74 Republican Primary, 2012|
|Larry R. Brown Incumbent||29.2%||3,197|
|Glenn L. Cobb||28%||3,065|
Comprehensive donor information for Conrad is available dating back to 2012. Based on available campaign finance records, Conrad raised a total of $75,691 during that time period. This information was last updated on August 30, 2013.
|Debra Conrad's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||North Carolina House of Representatives, District 74||$75,691|
|Grand Total Raised||$75,691|
2012Conrad won election to the North Carolina House of Representatives in 2012. During that election cycle, Conrad raised a total of $75,691.
|North Carolina House of Representatives 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Debra Conrad's campaign in 2012|
|Conrad for Commissioner||$5,247|
|Conrad, Debra L||$5,000|
|North Carolina Association of Realtors||$3,000|
|Piedmont Triad Anesthesia||$2,000|
|Burress III, John W||$2,000|
|Total Raised in 2012||$75,691|
|Source:Follow the Money|
Legislative scorecards are used to evaluate elected public officials based on voting record. Some scorecards are created by political advocacy groups with a focus on specific issues, while others are developed by newspapers and are broad in scope. Scorecards are meant to be used as a tool for voters to have a quick picture of whether their views align with a particular legislator's record.
Because scorecards can be specific to particular issues or general to a state’s legislative term, for example, each report should be considered on its own merits. Each entity that publishes these reports uses different methodologies and definitions for the terms used.
Please see our writing guidelines if you would like to add results from an individual scorecard to this legislator's profile.
In 2013, the North Carolina General Assembly was in session from January 9 to July 26. In 2014, the North Carolina General Assembly will be in session from May 14 through a date to be determined by the legislature.
- North Carolina League of Conservation Voters: 2013 Legislative Scorecard
- Legislators are scored on their votes on environment and conservation issues.
- The American Conservative Union: 2013 Legislative Scorecard
- Legislators are scored on their votes on key conservative issues.
- Civitas Action: 2013 Full Rankings
- Legislators are scored on their votes on key conservative issues and ideals.
- Environment North Carolina: 2013 Legislative Scorecard
- Legislators are scored on their votes on key environmental issues.
- Environment North Carolina: 2014 Legislative Scorecard
- Democracy North Carolina: 2013 Legislative Report Card
- Legislators are scored on their votes on 20 bills picked by the organization that they consider the worst of the session.
- N.C. Values Coalition: 2014 Pro-family Scorecard
- Legislators are scored on their votes on bills relating to pro-family and Biblical values.
- North Carolina Voters for Animal Welfare: 2014 Legislative Report Cards
- Legislators are scored on their votes on bills relating to animal welfare, sponsoring animal welfare bills, completing the NCVAW survey and responsiveness to animal advocates constituents.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Debra + Conrad + North Carolina + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- North Carolina House of Representatives
- House Committees
- North Carolina General Assembly
- North Carolina state legislative districts
- Official campaign website
- Profile from the North Carolina House of Representatives
- Profile from Open States
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Debra Conrad on Facebook
- Campaign contributions: 2012
- electdebraconrad.com, "Issues," accessed August 19, 2014
- North Carolina State Board of Elections, "Official Primary Election Results For 2014," accessed June 12, 2014
- North Carolina State Board of Elections, "General Election Candidate List Grouped by Contest," accessed June 12, 2014
- North Carolina State Board of Elections, "2012 Primary Election Results," accessed June 12, 2014
- North Carolina State Board of Elections, "2012 General Election Results," accessed June 12, 2014
- North Carolina State Board of Elections, "Official Primary Election Results," accessed June 22, 2012
- followthemoney.org, "Conrad, Debra L," accessed August 30, 2013
Dale Folwell (R)
|North Carolina House - District 74
| Succeeded by|
State of North Carolina
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Secretary of Environment and Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Utilities |