|New Mexico Senate District 13|
|1997 - 2013|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2008|
|First elected||November 5, 1996|
|Next general||November 8, 2016|
|Bachelor's||University of Pennsylvania|
|Master's||University of Pennsylvania|
|Birthday||March 10, 1947|
|Place of birth||West Chester, PA|
Feldman was a reporter for Albuquerque News from 1980 to 1982. She was Adjunct Professor for the University of Albuquerque from 1980 to 1985 and for the University of New Mexico from 1989 to 1995. She has been the owner of Dede Feldman and Company since 1985. She has also been the President of Dede Feldman and Company since 1987.
Feldman earned her BA and MA from the University of Pennsylvania in 1968 and 1969, respectively.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Feldman served on these committees:
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Feldman served on these committees:
"This is just one of three cases the court has ruled on [challenging the health care bill] and it’s the first one that ruled the mandate is unconstitutional … Everyone is looking to to see what happens on appeal. The ruling has no practical effect. States are still implementing the law and still getting grants and moving ahead with state insurance exchanges."
- See also: New Mexico State Senate elections, 2012
Feldman did not run for re-election in 2012. When she announced her retirement, she had plans to resume running her communications company. She declared that a new person should "carry the torch for District 13."
Feldman raised $107,485 for her campaign.
Listed below are the five largest contributors to Dede Feldman's 2008 campaign.
|Presbyterian Health Plan||$3,500|
|New Mexico Ophthalmologist Society||$2,500|
|New Mexico Medical Society||$2,000|
|Pueblo of Isleta||$1,500|
Feldman and her husband, Mark, have one child.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term Dede + Feldman + New + Mexico + Senate
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Dede Feldman's personal website
- Dede Feldman's blog
- Biography from the New Mexico Legislature website
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006, 2004, 2002, 2000, 1996
- Voting record from New Mexico Votes.org
- Dede Feldman on Twitter
- "NM reaction to judge’s ruling calling part of ObamaCare unconstitutional," New Mexico Watchdog, December 13, 2010
- New Mexico Secretary of State, "Official Primary Results," accessed April 15, 2014
- New Mexico Secretary of State "Primary Candidate List," accessed March 23, 2012
- The New Mexican "Changes Coming to N.M. Legislature," February 24, 2012
- 2008 election results, New Mexico Senate
- 2008 Follow the Money's report on Dede's 2008 campaign contributions
|New Mexico State Senate District 13
| Succeeded by|
Bill B. O'Neill (D)