|Alabama State Senate District 12|
|November 5, 2018|
|Years in position||17|
|Senate President Pro Tempore|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
|Next general||November 6, 2018|
|Date of birth||September 2, 1956|
|Place of birth||Wheeling, WV|
Marsh earned a bachelor's degree at Auburn University.
Marsh served on these committees in the 2011-2012 legislative session:
- Confirmations Committee
- Finance and Taxation Education Committee
- Judiciary Committee
- Tourism and Marketing Committee
- See also: Alabama State Senate elections, 2014
Elections for the office of Alabama State Senate took place in 2014. A primary election took place on June 3, 2014; a runoff election took place where necessary on July 15, 2014. The general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was February 7, 2014. Taylor Stewart was unopposed in the Democratic primary. Incumbent Del Marsh defeated Steven Guede in the Republican primary. Marsh then defeated Stewart in the general election on November 4, 2014.
|Alabama State Senate District 12, General Election, 2014|
|Republican||Del Marsh Incumbent||57.1%||17,646|
|Alabama State Senate, District 12 Republican Primary, 2014|
|Del Marsh Incumbent||60%||9,109|
- See also: Alabama State Senate elections, 2010
|Alabama State Senate, District 12 General election (2010)|
|Del Marsh (R)||26,715|
|Wallace Wyatt, Jr. (D)||15,210|
Marsh raised $383,549 for his campaign.
Marsh raised $319,000 for his campaign, while Gray raised $140,090.
|Alabama State Senate, District 12 (2006)|
|Del Marsh (R)||22,712|
|Preston R. Gray, Jr. (D)||15,537|
In 2010, Marsh raised $702,124 in contributions.
His four largest contributors were:
|Alabama Republican Party||$98,462|
|Alabama Retail Association||$37,500|
|Home Builders Association Of Alabama||$35,000|
In 2006, Marsh collected $383,549 in donations.
His five largest contributors in 2006 were:
|Alabama Farmers Federation||$18,500|
|Alabama Road Builders Association||$17,000|
|Home Builders Association Of Alabama||$15,000|
|Automobile Dealers Association Of Alabama||$14,500|
In 2010, Marsh's endorsements included the following:
- The Alabama Tea Party Express
Legislative scorecards are used to evaluate elected public officials based on voting record. Some scorecards are created by political advocacy groups with a focus on specific issues, while others are developed by newspapers and are broad in scope. Scorecards are meant to be used as a tool for voters to have a quick picture of whether their views align with a particular legislator's record.
Because scorecards can be specific to particular issues or general to a state’s legislative term, for example, each report should be considered on its own merits. Each entity that publishes these reports uses different methodologies and definitions for the terms used.
Please see our writing guidelines if you would like to add results from an individual scorecard to this legislator's profile.
Note: As of February 2015, we were unable to locate any scorecards for the state of Alabama. If you are aware of a scorecard Ballotpedia has not included please email it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Marsh and his wife, Ginger, have two children. They currently live in Anniston, Alabama.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Del + Marsh + Alabama + Senate." Because the results are from a google search, it is possible that some of the links below are not actually related to the legislator.
- Alabama State Senate
- Senate Committees
- Alabama State Legislature
- Alabama state legislative districts
- Official Alabama State Senate website of Senator Del Marsh
- Profile from Open States
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Project Vote Smart biography of Senator Del Marsh (AL)
- Campaign Contributions: 2010, 2006, 2002, 1998
- Alabama Democrats, "Qualified candidates for public office list," accessed February 25, 2014
- Alabama Republican Party, "State Senate," accessed February 25, 2014
- Alabama Secretary of State, "Official Democratic Primary Results," accessed June 20, 2014
- Alabama Secretary of State, "Official Republican Primary Results," accessed June 20, 2014
- AL.com, "Alabama 2014 general election: Results for statewide and congressional races," November 4, 2014
- Alabama Secretary of State, "Official 2010 General election results," accessed July 18, 2014
- Alabama Secretary of State, "Official 2006 election results," accessed April 15, 2014
- Follow The Money, "Funds raised by 2006 Alabama Senate candidates," accessed April 15, 2014
- Alabama Secretary of State, "Official 2002 election results," accessed April 15, 2014
- Follow The Money, "Funds raised by 2002 Alabama Senate candidates," accessed April 15, 2014
- Follow the Money, "2010 contributions," accessed December 23, 2013
- Follow the Money, "2006 contributions to Del Marsh," November 4, 2006
- The Alabama Tea Party Express, "Endorsements," November 2, 2010
|Alabama State Senate District 12
| Succeeded by|