Delaware House of Representatives District 34
|Delaware House of Representatives District 34|
|Current incumbent||Lyndon Dean Yearick|
|Ethnicity||20.8% Black, 4.1% Hispanic|
|Voting age||74.9% age 18 and over|
|Next election||November 8, 2016|
As of the 2010 census, a total of 23,514 civilians reside within Delaware's thirty-fourth house of representatives district. Delaware state legislators represent an average of 21,901 residents. After the 2000 Census, each member represented 19,112 residents.
About the office
Article II, Section 3 of the Delaware Constitution states: No person shall be a Representative who shall not have attained the age of twenty-four years, and have been a citizen and inhabitant of the State three years next preceding the day of his election, and the last year of that term an inhabitant of the Representative District in which he shall be chosen, unless he shall have been absent on the public business of the United States or of this State.
- See also: Comparison of state legislative salaries
As of 2013, members of the Delaware legislature are paid $42,750 per year. Legislators are allowed a maximum of $7,334 in expenses annually.
If there is a vacancy in the house, the House Speaker must call for a special election. The election must be called for no later than 30 days after the vacancy happened. The Governor may make the declaration if the House is not in session. The date of the election must be set no later than 10 days after a declaration was made.
Elections for the office of Delaware House of Representatives took place in 2014. A primary election took place on September 9, 2014. The general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was July 8, 2014. Theodore M. Yacucci, Sr. was unopposed in the Democratic primary, while Lyndon Dean Yearick defeated incumbent Donald A. Blakey in the Republican primary. Yearick defeated Yacucci in the general election.
|Delaware House of Representatives, District 34, General Election, 2014|
|Republican||Lyndon Dean Yearick||64.4%||4,097|
|Democratic||Theodore M. Yacucci, Sr.||35.6%||2,268|
|Delaware House of Representatives, District 34 Republican Primary, 2014|
|Lyndon Dean Yearick||58.2%||645|
|Donald A. Blakey Incumbent||41.8%||464|
Elections for the office of Delaware House of Representatives consisted of a primary election on February 11, 2012, and a general election on November 6, 2012. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was February 6, 2012. Incumbent Donald Blakey (R) defeated Theodore Yacucci, Sr. (D) and Douglas Beatty (I) in the general election. The candidates ran unopposed in the February 7 primary elections. 
|Delaware House of Representatives, District 34, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Donald Blakey Incumbent||56.7%||5,680|
Since 2000, candidates for Delaware House of Representatives District 34 have raised a total of $164,713. Candidates who raised money in contributions earned $10,981 on average. All figures come from Follow the Money.
|Campaign contributions, Delaware House of Representatives District 34|
- Delaware State Legislature
- Delaware State Senate
- Delaware House of Representatives
- Delaware state legislative districts
- For more information on the parameters the U.S. Census Bureau use, please see our Race and Ethnicity on the United States Census page.
- Public Mapping Project, “Delaware 2010 Census Statistics,” November 8, 2013
- United States Census 2010, "Population in 2010 of the American states," November 22, 2013
- United States Census 2010, "Population in 2000 of the American states," November 27, 2013
- Delaware General Assembly," "Delaware House of Representatives," accessed December 16, 2013
- NCSL.org, "2013 State Legislator Compensation and Per Diem Table," accessed March 18, 2013
- Delaware Legislature, "Delaware Election Code," accessed December 16, 2013(Referenced Statutes § 7101 and § 7104, Delaware Code)
- State of Delaware, "Official primary election candidate list," accessed July 10, 2014
- State of Delaware, "Official general election candidate list," accessed July 10, 2014
- State of Delaware, "Official primary election results," accessed September 17, 2014
- State of Delaware, "Official general election results," accessed November 13, 2014
- Delaware Secretary of State, "2012 General Election," November 4, 2013
- Delaware Secretary of State, "2012 General Primary,” November 4, 2013