Delaware Office of Management and Budget schedules public hearings
DOVER, Delaware: The Delaware Office of Management and Budget announced that it will hold public hearings for regulations in September and October in all three counties. The hearings are being held as part of Gov. Markell’s effort to streamline or eliminate unnecessary regulations.
The agency’s public hearings are being conducted in connection with Gov. Markell’s Executive Order No. 36, which called for a statewide review by all agencies to identify and remove regulatory hurdles.
The agency’s hearings are scheduled for:
- Thursday, September 27 at 6 p.m. at Sussex Central High School
- Thursday, October 4 at 6 p.m. at the University of Delaware Paradee Center
- Thursday, October 11, at 6 p.m. at the James Gilliam Conference Center
Executive Order 36 provides for state agencies to review regulations on their books, and streamline or eliminate those that are outdated, inconsistent or no longer serve their intended purpose. After formal comments are received, the Delaware Office of Management and Budget will consider the input received and change or remove regulations accordingly.
In addition to participating in the public hearings, members of the public are also encouraged to submit comments in writing. Comments may also be submitted via an online submission form. Comments relating to the three hearings will be accepted through December 1.
- News: State of Delaware, "Office of Management and Budget schedules public hearings on regulations"
- Office of Management and Budget
- Executive Order 36