Delaware governor travels to India
DOVER, Delaware: Governor of Delaware Jack Markell left for India on February 6 as a part of an 11-day trade mission focused on information technology businesses. The governor will travel to New Dehli, Bangalore and Mumbai and return February 16, 2013.
Republicans in the state say trade missions like this are not worth the expense to taxpayers. Markell disagreed, saying Delawareans expect him to work hard to bring jobs to the state. And he said it is important to go where the businesses are.
During the visit, he will participate in a Google+ Hangout with students as well as holding meetings with the top government officials and members of the corporate sector. Markell will also be addressing the annual Leadership Forum of National Association of Software and Services Companies (NASSCOM) on February 13.
"Indian companies continue to expand their operations in the United States, and we want them to know Delaware has an outstanding IT workforce. We are leading the country in developing cyber security personnel and have much to offer a prospective company," Markell said.
Markell will be accompanied by Secretary of Transportation Shailen Bhatt and Felicia Pullam, Deputy Director for International Trade. The University of Delaware President Patrick Harker will also join the trade mission in Mumbai.
- News: WBOC "Del. Governor Heading to India, Talking IT Jobs"
- News: Rediff "Delaware Governor to visit India to woo India Inc"
- News: Economic Times "Delaware Governor to visit India this week to woo companies"
- WBOC "Del. Governor Heading to India, Talking IT Jobs" Accessed February 11, 2013
<ref>tag; no text was provided for refs named
Cite error: Invalid
- Rediff "Delaware Governor to visit India to woo India Inc" Accessed February 11,2 013
- Economic Times "Delaware Governor to visit India this week to woo companies" Accessed February 11, 2013