For status updates, visit lucyburns.org.
Ballotpedia's coverage of elections held on March 3, 2015, was limited. Select races were covered live, and all results will be added once the merger is complete.
Delaware gubernatorial election, 2012
Incumbent Jack Markell was first elected in 2008 and won re-election in 2012.
- Election results
- Campaign media and websites
- Campaign finance
|Governor of Delaware General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||Jack Markell Incumbent||69.3%||275,993|
|Green||Mark Joseph Perri||1.1%||4,575|
|Election Results via Delaware Board of Elections.|
|Jul. 10, Noon||Statewide candidate filing|
|Aug. 18||Voter registration for the primary election|
|Aug. 27||Voter registration for military and overseas - primary election|
|Sept. 11||Primary election|
|Sept. 11, 8pm||Primary absentee ballots due to Department of Elections|
|Oct. 13||Voter registration for general election|
|Oct. 22||Voter registration for uniformed service members and overseas citizens - general election|
|Nov. 6||General election|
|Nov. 6, 8pm||General election absentee ballots due to Department of Elections|
- See also: Ballotpedia Election Racetracking
|2012 Race Rankings - Delaware Governor|
|Race Tracker||Race Rating|
|The Cook Political Report||Solid Democrat|
|Governing Politics||Lean Democratic|
|Larry J. Sabato's Crystal Ball||Safe Democrat|
|Rasmussen Reports Gubernatorial Scorecard||No prediction yet|
|The Rothenberg Political Report||No prediction yet|
- Incumbent governor Jack Markell
- Jeff Cragg, a businessman from upstate Delaware
|1 Due dates for reports|
The Election Commissioner administers campaign finance law and maintains all records online.
Due dates for reports
In general reports are due on the 31st of December the year of the election and the following year. Reports are also due on the 30th day and the 8th day preceding an election. For 2012, the general election filing deadlines were on October 7, 2012 and October 29, 2012; both days were Mondays.
Roughly $1 million, or about 52 percent of the $1.9 million raised for Markell's governor’s campaign since January 2011, came from outside the state. According to his campaign reports, in 2011 and 2012 about $964,500, or less than half of the money raised by Markell’s campaign, came from Delaware contributors, including $75,000 from the state Democratic Party.
More than 18 percent, or $368,300 – came from more than 560 donors in Pennsylvania, with nearly $112,000 coming from Maryland and $257,750, roughly 13 percent, from donors in New York and New Jersey. Markell's campaign finance reports also show money for his campaign coming from Alabama, Maine, Colorado, Montana, and one donor from Japan.
- Office of the Delaware State Election Commissioner
- Delaware Elections at 'The Green Papers'
- Candidates for Delaware State Offices at 'Project VoteSmart'
- Delaware at 'Follow the Money'
- Primary election candidate list
- The Cook Political Report, “Governors: Race Ratings”
- Governing Politics, “Looking Ahead: The 2011-2012 Gubernatorial Landscape”, December 2, 2010
- Larry J. Sabato's Crystal Ball', “2012 Governor Ratings”
- Rasmussen Reports', “Election 2010: Scorecard Ratings”
- Rothenberg Political Report, “Governor Ratings”
- Delaware Elections, "General Election Candidate List" accessed September 1, 2012
- Libertarian Party of Delaware, "Delaware candidates nominated or endorsed," accessed July 5, 2012
- Delaware Elections, "General Election Candidates" accessed October 12, 2012
- Delaware Online, "Out-of-state donors pad Markell's funds" accessed October 16, 2012
- Barbara Gittings Delaware Stonewall Democrats, "Endorsed Candidates" accessed September 5, 2012
State of Delaware
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Secretary of Education | Insurance Commissioner | Secretary of Agriculture | Secretary of Natural Resources and Environmental Control | Secretary of Labor | Delaware Public Service Commission |