Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Texas House of Representatives District 83|
|1989 - 2010|
|Place of birth||Lubbock, TX|
Jones is a farmer. He served as a Navigator in the United States Air Force from 1942-1945, was a farming sign manufacturer, and worked in investments.
Jones is a member of many organizations, including the Denver City Chamber of Commerce, High Plains Research Foundation, High Plains Underground Water District, Levelland Chamber of Commerce, Lubbock Chamber of Commerce, Lubbock Lions Club, Oakwood United Methodist Church, Plains Cotton Growers Association, and Texas Tech Alumni Association.
- HB 1004 - Relating to the authority of certain municipalities to extend the termination date for a reinvestment zone created under the Tax Increment Financing Act.
- HB 1472 - Relating to the offense of cruelty to nonlivestock animals.
- HB 4186 - Relating to weight limits on a vehicle loaded with certain agricultural products.
|Texas House of Representatives District 83 Republican Primary, 2012|
|Charles Perry Incumbent||71.1%||13,142|
Jones ran for re-election in District 83 but was defeated by Charles Perry in the April 13 Republican primary runoff. Perry faced no opposition in the November 2 general election.
On November 4, 2008, Jones won re-election to the Texas House of Representatives from Texas's 83rd District. Jones ran unopposed in the general election, and he received 53,411 votes. Jones raised $225,743 for his campaign.
Below are Jones's top 5 campaign contributors in the 2008 election:
|State of Texas Expense Reimbursements||$9,685|
|Charles C Butt||$7,500|
|Texas State Teachers Assoc||$5,000|
|Rep Delwin Jones||$5,000|
|Rep Delwin Jones||$5,000|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Delwin + Jones + Texas + House of Representatives"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Rangel: Interesting races could be ahead - Amarillo.com
- Rangel: District 83 state House race puzzles like a box of chocolates - Amarillo.com
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found
- Official campaign website
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006, 2004, 2000, 1998
- Freedom Speaks profile
- Texas State Directory
- Texas Political Almanac HD 83 page
- Texas Tribune profile & bio
- Vote-TX.org profile
- State Surge profile
- ↑ Project Vote Smart - Rep. Jones
- ↑ Texas Legislature - Bills Authored/Joint Authored by Rep. Jones
- ↑ Texas Secretary of State - 2012 Election and Candidate Information
- ↑ Office of the (Texas) Secretary of State, "Race Summary Report," accessed July 12, 2012
- ↑ Texas House official election results for 2008
- ↑ District 83 Texas House candidate funds, 2008
- ↑ Follow the Money - 2008 Campaign contributions
|Texas House District 83
| Succeeded by|
State of Texas
|State executive offices||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Secretary of State | Attorney General | Comptroller | State Auditor | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of General Land Office | Chairman of Workforce Commission | Chairman of Public Utilities | Chairman of Railroad Commission |
List of Counties |
List of Cities |
Texas school districts A - L |
Texas school districts M - Z |