|Kansas State Senate District 12|
|Bachelor's||University of Kansas|
Cassells currently works as a manager for her husband's construction company. She attends the University of Kansas, where she is scheduled to receive a Bachelor's degree in Communications next year.
Cassells' website highlights the following campaign themes:
- Excerpt: "Creating a fair taxing system will only strengthen our middle-class, and provide opportunities that are more equitable for those who struggle just to find decent paying jobs within their communities."
- Excerpt: "We must include provisions that guarantee our children access to affordable student loans. The future of our state is tied to the Legislature’s continued commitment to providing high quality and affordable access to higher education."
- Excerpt: "Our future economic growth and entrepreneurial spirit rest on our desire and will to ensure that our youth receive the very best education we can provide; this is not only our Constitutional duty, it is our moral duty."
- Excerpt: "If elected as your State Senator, I will protect the interest of all my constituents, not just those who can afford to be protected."
- See also: Kansas State Senate elections, 2012
Cassells ran in the 2012 election for Kansas State Senate District 12. Cassells ran unopposed in the Democratic primary on August 7 and was defeated by Caryn Tyson (R) in the general election, which took place on November 6, 2012. Incumbent Pat Apple ran in District 37.
|Kansas State Senate, District 12, General Election, 2012|
Cassells and her husband Craig have two children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Denise + Cassells + Kansas + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Official campaign website
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Denise Cassells on Facebook
- Denise Cassells on Twitter