|New Jersey General Assembly District 16|
|2008 - 2012|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 3, 2009|
|Bachelor's||Saint Mary's College, Notre Dame|
|J.D.||Camden School of Law, 1984|
Coyle sits on the board of trustees of the Somerset County United Way, and was a founder of the Somerset County Regional Center Partnership. She is also a member of the New Jersey Association for Elected Women Officials, Somerset County Governing Officials Association, and Somerset County Federation of Republican Women.
Coyle did not run for re-election in 2011. While she initially declared to run, she withdrew during the week of April 16, 2011. Following redistricting, Coyle would have needed to move her residence south in order to be able to run again in the 16th District. While she at first intended to do such, she later decided that it would not be possible.
Assemblywoman Coyle discusses smart growth
- A2913 Establishes New Jersey General Accounting Office.
- A4181 Requires energy monitoring systems to be installed in new commercial buildings; allows credit against corporation business tax and gross income tax for costs of purchasing and installing energy monitoring systems.
- A4190 Provides for priority consideration, by DCA, DEP, DOT, and local government units, of permit applications for green building projects.
Coyle d not run for re-election in 2011. While she initially declared to run, she withdrew during the week of April 16, 2011. Following redistricting, Coyle would have needed to move her residence south in order to be able to run again in the 16th District. While she at first intended to do such, she later decided that it would not be possible.
Running for re-election in the November 3, 2009 general election, Coyle received 44,466 votes (33%), defeating challengers Mark Petraske and Roberta Karpinecz. She was bracketed with Peter Biondi.
|New Jersey Assembly General Election, Sixteenth Legislative District (2009)|
|Peter J. Biondi (R)||45,199|
|Denise M. Coyle (R)||44,612|
|Roberta Karpinecz (D)||22,172|
|Mark Petraske (D)||21,394|
Below are Coyle's top 5 campaign contributors in the 2009 election:
|New Jersey Republican Party||$7,091|
|Republican National Committee||$6,925|
|New Jersey Education Association||$4,000|
|New Jersey Association Of Realtors||$4,000|
|New Jersey Bankers Association||$3,500|
- New Jersey General Assembly - Hon. Denise Coyle
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- State Surge - Legislative and voting track record
- Campaign Contributions: 2009, 2007
- Project Vote Smart - Assemblywoman Coyle
- Basking Ridge Patch "Denise Coyle Explains Decision to Retire From NJ Assembly," April 16, 2011
- Mitt Romney for President, "Mitt Romney Announces Support of New Jersey Leaders," December 15, 2011
- New Jersey Legislature - Bills by Sponsor
- NJ Spotlight, "Election 2011: Where the Republicans Can Pick Up Assembly Seats," April 12, 2011
- New Jersey Department of State, 2011 Official General Assembly Primary Candidate List
- Star Ledger 2009 Election Results, November 4, 2009
- Official New Jersey Assembly General Election Results
- Follow the Money - 2009 Campaign contributions
|New Jersey General Assembly District 16
| Succeeded by|
State of New Jersey
|State executive officer||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Comptroller | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Commissioner of Environmental Protection | Commissioner of Labor and Workforce Development | President of Public Utilities |