Denise L. Nappier
|Denise L. Nappier|
|January 1999 - Present|
|Years in position||16|
|Predecessor||Paul J. Silvester (R)|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
|First elected||November 3, 1998|
|Next general||November 6, 2018|
|Bachelor's||Virginia State University|
|Master's||University of Cincinnati|
Nappier won a fifth term as state treasurer in the 2014 elections. She was uncontested in the August 12 Democratic primary and narrowly overcame Republican challenger Tim Herbst in the November 4 general election.
Nappier previously served as Hartford City Treasurer for nearly ten years, and as Executive Director of Hartford’s Riverfront Recapture.
She attended Virginia State University for her undergraduate degree, and went on to earn her master's from the University of Cincinnati.
- Virginia State University, B.A.
- University of Cincinnati, Master’s degree
- Teikyo Post University, Honorary degree
- Trinity College, Honorary degree
- Briarwood College, Honorary degree
- University of Hartford, Honorary degree
- Saint Joseph College, Honorary degree
Connecticut Treasurer (1999-Present)
Nappier has served in this position since January 1999, after her election in November 1998. She was re-elected in 2002, 2006, 2010 and 2014.
|Connecticut Treasurer, 2014|
|Democratic||Denise Nappier Incumbent||50.9%||533,182|
|Election Results via Connecticut Secretary of State.|
|Connecticut Treasurer, 2010|
|Democratic||Denise L. Nappier Incumbent||54.3%||600,270|
|Independent||Andrew Grant White||1.4%||15,611|
|Green||S. David Bue||0.9%||9,600|
|Election Results via Follow the Money|
Comprehensive donor information for Nappier is available dating back to 1998. Based on available campaign finance records, Nappier raised a total of $2,075,749 during that time period. This information was last updated on July 8, 2013.
2002, 2006, 2010
Ballotpedia collects information on campaign donors for each year in which a candidate or incumbent is running for election. The following table offers a breakdown of Denise Nappier's donors each year. Click [show] for more information.
|Denise Nappier's Campaign Contributions|
|Total Raised by General Election Opponent||$831,031 (Republican)||$39,005 (Republican)||$279,853 (Republican)|
|Top 5 contributors||Public Fund||$696,103||Tom F. Christiano||$20,000||Connecticut Democratic Party||$20,225|
|Marconi Development Corp||$1,000||Connecticut Democratic Party||$5,000||Connecticut Employees Union Independent Working Families||$5,000|
|Denise L. Nappier||$750||Connecticut Employees Union Independent||$3,000||A Better Connecticut||$5,000|
|Richard A. Bieder||$200||Denise L. Nappier||$2,550||Leadership for the Millenium||$3,450|
|George D. Hajjar||$200||Forward Hartford||$2,500||Carpenters Local 43||$3,000|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Denise + Nappier + Connecticut + Treasurer"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Connecticut down ballot state executive elections, 2014
- Governor of Connecticut
- Lieutenant Governor of Connecticut
- Connecticut Treasurer
- State Treasurer's office website
- Nappier's campaign website
- Q & A with Raising Hale
- Campaign contributions: 2012, 2010, 2008, 2006, 2004, 2002, 2000, 1998
- Biography from Department of Treasury
- Connecticut Treasury Office, "Biography" accessed October 2, 2012
- Connecticut Politics, "Running of the bulls: Nappier to seek re-election as Dow hits high," March 5, 2013
- Follow the Money, "2010 Connecticut general election results," accessed March 27, 2013
- Follow the Money, "Career financing for Denise L. Nappier," accessed July 8, 2013
- Follow the Money.org, "Home," accessed February 17, 2015
Paul J. Silvester (R)
| Succeeded by|