|Transparency grading process|
Denison is a city in Grayson County, Texas, United States. The population was 22,773 at the 2000 census; it is estimated to have grown to 24,127 in 2009. Denison is one of two principal cities in the Sherman-Denison Metropolitan Statistical Area.
Evaluating The Website
See also: Evaluation of Texas city websites
This evaluation was last updated on: an unknown date.
- Administrative officials
- Administrators are listed with an office address, phone number and email contact form. Personalized emails are also provided.
- Elected officials
- City council members are listed with their roles, bios, an office address, phone number and personalized email.
- Public records
- Zoning ordinances and permit applications are available online.
- Local tax rates are disclosed.
- If the county engaged in lobbying actives or if it's a member of lobbying associations are not disclosed. Nor is the total cost lobbying activities or membership dues for associations available.
- There is a link for agendas, but they are not archived for the past 3-5 years.
- Main article: Texas Municipal League members list
The Combined Law Enforcement Associations of Texas has filed a public records request for the past six years of financial and contractual information from the Denison Police Department. According to KXII News,
|“||Barrett wouldn't explain why the organization has requested the documents, but says they're looking for information on 9 separate items, including the relationship of the police department with Texoma Boat, RV and Mini Storage, a copy of the policy on vehicle allowances and stipends, and activity logs and time sheets for all employees involved in the repair or restoration of vehicles seized by the department.||”|
- Population Finder
- Denison, Finance, Accessed: Sept. 10, 2012
- Denison, City Manager, Accessed: Sept. 10, 2012
- Denison, City Council, Accessed: Sept. 10, 2012
- Denison, Meeting minutes, Accessed: Sept. 10, 2012
- Denison, Public meeting notices, Accessed: Sept. 10, 2012
- Denison, Public records, Accessed: Sept. 10, 2012
- Denison, Bids, Accessed: Sept. 10, 2012
- Denison, Awarded bids, Accessed: Sept. 10, 2012
- Denison, Open government, Accessed: Sept. 10, 2012
- Denison, Taxes, Accessed: Sept. 10, 2012
- Texas Watchdog, Police group seeks public records from Denison over seized property, relationship with private company, Sept. 23, 2010
- KXII News, Six years of documents requested from City of Denison and police department, Sept. 22, 2010