Dennis Anderson (Kansas)
|Former candidate for|
|Kansas Insurance Commissioner|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
|Kansas House of Representatives|
|Bachelor's||Kansas State University|
Anderson is a business owner.
Anderson is the CEO of his family-owned business, which provides insurance-related education and training services.
He holds a degree in agricultural economics from Kansas State University.
B.S. in agricultural economics - Kansas State University
Anderson ran for election to the office of Kansas Insurance Commissioner in 2014. Anderson was unopposed in the August 5 Democratic primary on August 5, 2014, and faced Republican nominee Ken Selzer in general election to replace retiring incumbent Sandy Praeger (R). The general election took place November 4, 2014.
|Insurance Commissioner of Kansas, 2014|
|Election Results via The Wichita Eagle. Vote totals above are unofficial and reflect 100% precincts reporting.|
Anderson's campaign for Kansas Insurance Commissioner was endorsed by outgoing Republican incumbent Commissioner Sandy Praeger. Praeger decided to back Anderson, a Democrat, over the nominee from her own party because of his like-minded dedication to the causes of expanding Medicaid and opposing the Medicare Compact.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Dennis + Anderson + Kansas + Insurance + Commissioner"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- The Gardner News, "Anderson will run for insurance commissioner," March 7, 2014
- Dennis Anderson for Insurance Commissioner 2014 Official campaign website, "About Dennis," accessed September 26, 2014
- The Topeka Capital-Journal, "Insurance Commissioner Field Spreads," February 10, 2014
- Winfield Daily Courier, "Praeger endorses Anderson for insurance commissioner," September 18, 2014
State of Kansas
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Secretary of Wildlife and Parks | Secretary of Labor | Corporation Commission |