|Colorado House of Representatives District 17|
| Term in office began|
| Term in office ended|
He is a member of the University of Colorado, Colorado Springs Diversity Strategic Planning Team.
Apuan did not provide answers to the Colorado State Legislative Election 2008 Political Courage Test. The test informs voters how a candidate would vote on the issues if elected.
- Health and Human Services Committee
- Health and Human Services
- Local Government Committee
- Local Government
Apuan's sponsored legislation includes:
- HB 09-1101 - State Sales Tax Collection Requirements
- HB 09-1247 - Homebuyers' Energy Right-To-Know Act
- HB 09-1288 - Colorado Taxpayer Transparency Act
For details and a full listing of sponsored bills, see the House site.
Apuan ran for re-election to the 17th District seat in 2010. He had no opposition in the August 10 primary. Apuan was defeated by Mark H. Barker (R) in the November 2 general election.
|Colorado House of Representatives, District 17 General election (2010)|
|Mark H. Barker (R)||4,807|
|Dennis Apuan (D)||4,155|
Apuan raised $40,824 for his campaign, while Roupe raised $39,898.
|Colorado State House, District 17 (2008)|
|Dennis Apuan (D)||7,778|
|Catherine Roupe (R)||7,239|
Below are Apuan's top 5 campaign contributors in the 2008 election:
|CO Democratic Party House Majority Project||$12,450|
|Pikes Peak Education Assoc||$4,250|
|CO Education Assoc||$3,000|
|Jefferson County Education Assoc||$2,000|
|Food & Commercial Workers Local 7||$1,500|
- Dennis Apuan's personal website
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2008
- Dennis Apuan on Facebook
- Project Vote Smart - Rep. Apuan
- Project Vote Smart - Rep. Apuan Issue Positions
- Colorado Secretary of State, "2008 General election results," accessed April 14, 2014
- Follow the Money, "Funds raised by 2008 House candidates," accessed April 14, 2014
- Follow the Money, "2008 contributions," accessed November 20, 2014
|Colorado House District 17
| Succeeded by|
Mark H. Barker